Chapter 39

Shie Hassaikai underground facility,
Morning...

Mirio's POV

Ouch ouch! Dang, that punch did a great damage on me.

Hold on, this is no time to whine! Chisaki hasn't been defeated yet!

I guess it is time to use that...

Carefully standing up on my two feet back, my icy blue eyes locked on my enemy ; Chisaki. He looked very desperated and frustrated when his attack was once again cancelled by that girl Midoriya.

She is strong at defence... But I don't think she is strong at offence. Then, I need to help her.

Blueish lightning emitted around my body, as I focused the flow of my new power; One For All. My conversation with Nighteye and All Might a few months before echoed in my mind.

I never expected to be chosen as All Might's successor! This power he passed down to me, is really strong...

I can use this Quirk at 100%, but I only use One For All during work study or mission. Mostly, I use my own Quirk, Permeation during practical class, exam or lesson. Well, it is because I don't really want to stand out because I have a second Quirk.

None of my friends know about my second Quirk that I got from All Might. Both my mentors asked me to keep it secret from everyone, including my own parents. It is to guarantee my safety.

I charged myself toward Chisaki who was distracted by Midoriya's power. Aware of my presence, he resorted to panic action. But he was too late and didn't make it in time to create spikes or wall to stop me. I was already in front of him.

"AHHHHH!!!!!"

I let out a battle cry before landing a heavy, strong blow on his face. Chisaki was sent flying across the room. His body went through the first wall and stopped at the second wall, slowly sliding down lifelessly.

But he was still conscious.

This man is really stubborn. He really won't give up, huh? This is going to take a while.

I shifted my gaze to Midoriya, Eri and the two yakuzas who were protecting them. The wings on her back hadn't disappeared. In fact, the light emitting from the giant angel-like wings shone brighter than before.

If Midoriya's Quirk cancels the Quirks around her, then I have to keep a distance between us. Can't get close to them.

"Lemillion! Watch out!!!" Midoriya's scream of warning snapped me back into reality. I turned to my front and giants spiked were charging toward me.

Crap!!

Before I could comprehend the situation, Midoriya appeared before me at the speed of lightning. She wrapped her arms around my body and the wings surrounded us. I could hear the spikes crumbling to little pieces.

She is so fast—

All of a sudden, I felt my body burning from inside. Pain-filled whimpers escaped my mouth as I tried to fight back the hurtful sensation.

What is happening...?

Izuku's POV

When I heard Lemillion whimpering in pain, I gasped in horror. I immediately deactivated my Quirk, which caused my wings to disappear. I held the hero gently, staring at him in worry.

"Le-Lemillion, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!" I asked almost shouting at him. He shakily looked up to me, a small smile spread on his face.

"I-I'm fine. Don't worry about me, Midoriya." Lemillion grasped my forearm to assure me. I released him from my hold and darted my eyes to Hari, Shin and Eri.