Chapter 34

Shie Hassaikai base,
In the experimentation room...

Third Person's POV

"Ah!"

Kai threw Eri into the experimenting room roughly, causing the poor little girl to fall on the floor. Her body hit the cold, rough surface. She whimpered in pain, her head was slightly swollen from the impact.

"You are really a pain, a burden, Eri... You enjoy troubling me that much with your pointless existence, huh...? Well then, I guess I need to teach you a lesson." Kai tucked the rim of his latex glove dangerously. Eri gasped in fear, tears rolling down the sides of her face.

"N-no, please-"

The door of the room suddenly creak opened, revealing Hari. He was wearing his white raincoat and plague mask. Kai sighed in frustration again. Why there were so many people getting in the way of his business today?

"What is it, Chrono? " The brunette started huskily, glimpsing over his shoulder at his right-hand man. "The doctor you summoned before has arrived. She wanted to meet you for a little discussion." The arrow-headed man stated calmly, staring at the little girl on floor through the eyes of his mask.

"... I see. Very well, I will go to her now." Kai relaxed a little bit after hearing his announcement. He walked over to the door silently. "Send Eri back to her room. The test will begin again once I'm finished with this sketchy doctor." He whispered to the silvernette.

Hari quietly nodded his head as a sign of obedience. With that, Kai left the two figures alone.

Hari stepped closer toward Eri, gently picking her up by the armpits. The small child flinched at the sudden physical contact. The male adult began heading to her bedroom.

Opening the door, he entered the little girl's chamber. He set her down in her bed with gentleness.
Before Hari left, he leaned to her ear and whispered reassuringly, "Everything is fine now. We will set you free soon enough."

Eri was flabbergasted to hear that. She lifted her head up, staring at his masked face curiously. Hari didn't say another single word to her. He turned his heel and strolled back to the door, silently leaving the bedroom.

Eri had resulted to silence, internally wondering the meaning behind his confusing words...

•••••

After that,
Izuku's room...

Third Person's POV

Izuku's eyes were blinded by the light illuminating from the hallway, when all of a sudden the door of her room was opened by someone. She rose from her bed, expecting Hari to come visit her. But instead, it was the yakuza leader that disgusted herself with his menacing presence.

"Hey, Izuku." Kai started in a friendly tone.

Izuku rolled her eyes in annoyance, letting herself fell face-planted in the bed back. Kai narrowed his lidded, dark golden eyes at the girl he had 'claimed' as his. He didn't understand why she was rebelling against him.

"...what do you want?" Izuku asked rudely, face buried in the soft material. She didn't bother to spare a glance for Kai. The young woman just wanted the obsessive man to leave, so she could forget all those bad memories in her head.

"...I want you to meet someone." The brunette husked out, walking towards her large single-sized bed. The greenette tensed up as his presence got closer to her.