Chapter 35

Somewhere else,
Rika's luxurious apartment,
Morning...

Rika's POV

I stood at the balcony quietly, enjoying the cold morning breeze by myself. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear as my mind wandered somewhere else. I couldn't stop thinking about my recent patient... Izuku Midoriya.

One of Pops'
grandchildren...

If only I have much more authority than that stupidhead yakuza leader...

I would have taken custody of the two girls from the beginning.

Ever since Pops fell into a comatose state, I couldn't stop worrying about the two girls' future.

I couldn't trust Overhaul to take care of them... And now look what happen to them.

That little girl, Eri, is used as the crux of his plan. Izuku-san is locked inside her own room like a prisoner.

I should have taken action earlier. I really regret not taking them in.

Heaving a deep sigh of relief, I sipped on the warm coffee. I looked up to the blue sky, my eyes narrowing in seriousness.

But that is not the thing I worried the most.

What concern me is..

Izuku-san's face showed up in my mind. Her innocent bright smile flashed before my eyes, and I accidentally gripped my cup.

... Izuku-san's frightening Quirk!

My mind recalled the scenario of the check up yesterday...

~~~~~

Morning,
Izuku's room,
Shie Hassaikai hideout...

I was still running a check up on Izuku-san, checking for any sign of sickness. Overall, she was healthy. Very healthy. The only thing left to be checked was...

... Her Quirk.

I was a doctor and a Quirk expert. My Quirk was called "Analyze". By touching my target directly , I could analyze their whole body to find out about their personal information and Quirk.

By personal information, I meant by every single information about my target. Height, weight, their likes and dislikes, age, name... Even their house address. And of course, their Quirk information too.
I Analyzed Izuku-san's body once again, but everytime I did that, my Quirk was cancelled. I shifted my gaze to my patient. She seemed confused.

" Izuku-san... Can you deactivate your Quirk? If this continues, I can't figure out your Quirk." I said softly to her. A gasp of surprise escaped her mouth.
"B-but I didn't activate my Quirk..."

Really? Weird..

"Well, maybe you forgot that you had activated it before I arrived. Alright, now deactivate it."

"Um, okay..."

Izuku-san closed her eyes, focusing on to cancel her Quirk. But all of a sudden, her eyebrows furrowed in pain.

"Izuku-san, what is wrong—"

"ARGH!"