Extra #21: Summer Vacation

Alternate Title:

The Indirect Kiss Cliché

Extra takes place after the Eros/Agape Ending!

Laying on the floor, lights off and with the fan set on high, you're shaken off your daze by the feeling of something cold being placed against your forehead, the bottom of a can, from what you can sense when you shift and open your eyes. You're met by Sans and a chilled can of soda, one he hands out to you along with a slice of watermelon, almost freezer cold to the touch. You sit up straight and take both items from him, setting the soda next to you and taking the first bite off the fruit.

"What about you?" you ask, watching him sit down next to you. "You're not gonna eat anything?"

He answers that by blinking one eye socket, magic being summoned out for him to bring another soda into his hold. The sound of it opening resounds throughout the living room, how quiet everything is making even the tiniest noise boom across the area.

You take a second bite off the melon, a thought crossing your mind when you realize he doesn't have a slice for himself. "Did you have some already?"

The monster turns to your side, taking a sip from his drink before answering, "I. . . haven't really tried that much fruit, so I dunno how it tastes, actually."

Your interest piques at his comment. Scooting closer to his side, you offer your slice out to him, smiling after. "I'm taking it was hard to grow fruit down at the Underground? Try some."

His eye contact falters when you sit right in front of him, watermelon slice still waiting for him. "It's fine."

You move even closer to him, bringing the fruit right in front of his line of sight. "C'mon. It's sweet and tasty."

Sans tenses up at your encouragement, irises closing when he goes to take a bite off the melon. He keeps them closed until he downs the bite, the faint red on his cheekbones allowing you to understand as to why he'd been so hesitant before. His gaze faces away from yours, until you take his jaw in your hand, take one last bite from the melon, and bring your lips to his teeth, feeling him return the kiss when he loosens up in your hold, the fruit's remnants being left on the floor as you bring him closer. Summer heat becomes unbearable when you follow one kiss after the other, obliging you to break it up.

When you're apart, his blush is gone, though his irises are bright and jumpy, posture even stiffer than when he went to take that bite. ". . .It tastes good," he comments, words muttered as he faces the wall.

"Want me to get you a slice?" you ask, a grin shaping your lips. "I've gotta have some ready before Faust and his friends get here, anyway."

He shakes his head, picking up his soda before standing up, face still looking away from yours. "I'll do that," he says, distracting himself with the drink. "You're, uh, naturally hotter in temperature, so you should wait 'till the heat passes off some more. Don't wear yourself out."

Considering the state he's in, you don't protest, holding back a laugh as you watch him leave, taking a peek from your sitting position to see him enter the kitchen, still looking as awkward as before. There, he does just as told: takes out the watermelon off the freezer, and pulls out a knife to slice it with. Before doing that though, he stands in front of the sink, opens it, and splashes some water onto his face, cheekbones burning red again. His fluster returns full force, and you hear him let out a huff, shaky and strained.

While he works at the kitchen, you take your soda and open it, chugging half of it down with four gulps, stopping when you hear MK, Frisk, and Faust's giggling from outside the door, Toriel and Papyrus's voices being heard from farther away.

You stand from the floor and switch on the light, fixing yourself before getting to open the door, the heat of summer and your earlier actions still burning your skin.

Before you can open the door, you feel someone embrace you from behind, looking in that direction to see the monster hugging you, embarrassment still showing on his face. "What's wrong?" His hold on you grows stronger when you make that question, one followed up by you turning around -- still in his hold -- and taking his cheekbone in your hand, looking down to meet with his gaze.

Sans doesn't shake his hold off of you, a tremble to his voice when he responds, "Can I try that again?"

Confused, it takes you a second to understand what he means with that, a laugh bursting when you process it. "You don't have to be so nervous, you dummy! Just say the word, or kiss me. I'll let you know if I ever feel uncomfortable. But as of right now, I still love each and every moment I spend with you."

"Was it that obvious?" There's a hint of shame in his question, one he tries to mask off with humour. "I really meant what I said at first, though. I'm still a bit. . . . skeptical towards tryin' out new foods here at the Surface."

"I know, honey." You laugh, turning around to meet with him. "You don't have to explain yourself over stuff like this."

You kiss him again, another chain taking over until you hear knocking at your door, reminding you of Faust and the others' return.

"Just. . . Just let me know, alright? I know this is your first serious relationship, so you can tell me when you want to try new stuff -- That way, I can make it a better experience for you; for us."

You spare a final, quick look at him to see his reaction, holding back a smile when you see embarrassment return over his face. "Thanks. . . (Y/N)."

At that, you open the door, Faust ambushing the both of you into a hug as soon as he enters.

While summer once used to be a dreaded, tense time considering how much more time off you had to be around a certain person, being with people you loved more deeply and closely helped make the hot and slow season become livelier, small and uneventful moments like these making it all the worthwhile.