Epilogue

It's important to clarify this epilogue was straight-up ripped out of the original version of this fanfic.

If you've seen it around Wattpad before, chances are, you've found that version along with my old account. I began writing it in 2016 and finished the epilogue a year later. The only difference is I had to go through some very (very) rigorous editing to make this one more readable, lol.

So, that's all, folks! This fanfic's pretty much completed now. The few extras left are mainly just to provide more information about other matters -- like what happened after Flowey's attack, Gerson's funeral, your engagement, among other things!

Fireworks go off, illuminating the sky with their vibrant colours; the noise by itself is enough for everyone to turn around and stare at the scenery in awe, made more prevalent by how high the balcony is in its height. The night's starry, cold, and humid, something you counter by wearing a jacket.

Faust -- now a bit older -- stands by your side, excitement visible over his features. The others are standing by the railings of the balcony, not bothering to break their gazes away from the sky.

Soft chatter and murmurs can be heard all around, everyone present wishing themselves a Happy New Year. Some hug their loved ones tightly, while others kiss each other -- couples on the lips and friends and family on the cheek. As you gaze at the scenery unfolding itself before you, your senses grow more aware and you take a more distinct notice over just how far you'd gone with them.

Here you were -- two years after the havoc initiated by Jessie, continued by the Mayor, and finalized by Flowey -- surrounded by a considerably large group of monsters and humans who were once strangers to your weary self. In contrast to when you used to live at your old town, a carefree smile's painted over your face and your eyes're bright with joy.

Toriel, Asgore, Muffet, Grillby, Undyne, Alphys, and Papyrus were just a few of the many, many monsters you'd gotten to know along your journey, while Solana and almost the entire justice system of your town were ones you'd become close with in terms of your own kind. You'd practically lost count of how many of them you befriended and grew acquiantanced with along the way of it all, though you still appreciated each and every one of them -- both monster and human -- just the same.

You continue to stare at the sky, fireworks already reaching their end. The only light source left to illuminate the area're the plentiful stars visible above your heads, along with various cylinder-shaped lanterns Toriel crafted with Frisk in hopes to brighten up the New Year even more. Faust kisses your cheek and leaves, noticing you aren't planning on moving away from your spot any time soon.

Your observation of the sky's interrupted by Napstablook tuning in a jazzy beat, accompanied by his cousin, who helps settle and turn on the gear necessary for it to be heard all across the balcony. Then, the two smile bright at each other as they part ways, the ghost being offered a dance by Solana and Mettaton offering a hand out to Papyrus. Followed by them is your lawyer and the policewoman, who encourage more people to join in. The main six of them continue to dance along with the music, whereas the rest of the crowd stare with curious eyes.

Frisk -- who's now occupied spending some time with your son -- excuse themselves from the conversation, rushing off towards Toriel and offering her to dance. The goat lady giggles at the sight as she takes her child's hand in hers, beginning to follow the rhythm of the music. Next, MK offers to share some time with Faust, letting him place his hands over their shoulders to begin their moves.