fourteen

Billie rushed out of Biology as soon as the bell rung, getting caught in the flow of students eager to leave the building for the day, herself included.

Out in the parking lot, Billie spied Tyler walking towards his car and she hesitated for a moment before running up to him, still figuring out what to say even as she caught up to him "Hey!"

He whipped around at Billie's voice, smiling politely at her, but Billie could easily tell he had much bigger things on his mind. "What's up?" She came to a stop a few feet in front of him and breathed out heavily, trying to form her words, her hands flying straight to her shirt to fidget with the hem like she tended to do when she got anxious.

"I... um, I just..." She sighed in frustration finding it difficult to put her feelings into words and decided to simply spit them out. "I don't want you getting hurt tonight."

Tyler nodded solemnly and hung his head slightly, his eyes burdened like he was only just coming to terms with his fate. He looked back up at his unlikely friend and smiled small but sincere. "Thanks Bill."

Billie scoffed with a smile. "What am I? Eighty? Bill?" She laughed quietly, hoping to cheer him up if only just a little bit. Tyler smirked with amusement before he resigned to thinking about the night ahead of him.

Harper stood silent for a moment and cautiously took a few steps forward before wrapping her arms around Tyler's broad shoulders. He reciprocated after a surprised second, hugging back with a desperation, like Billie could save him from his curse. She pulled away after a moment and held him at arms length before beginning to walk away, still holding eye contact.

"Good luck tonight, Ty." She called out before turning away to walk back to the apartment, a lot on her mind. Billie had meant what she said to him and she chastised herself lightly for breaking her morning promise of no supernatural drama, but she'd done her best.

»»»

The second Billie had opened her front door, Alex clouded her thoughts. She was beyond excited for the night and she made herself a new promise. Nothing would get in the way of her date. No doubt the fact that it was a full moon and her supernatural friends were absolutely scheming their supernatural endeavours and Tyler would spend hours in excruciating pain while she was out having fun would hinder her carefree plans but it was the best she could've hoped for.

Billie paused, her shoulders slumping at the weight of her new life. She shook her head determinedly. She was still allowed to live her life, even if it felt horrible in light of what her friends were doing.

An hour rooting aimlessly through her suitcase for an outfit to wear did nothing for Billie except litter her aunts's living room floor with clothes. Billie huffed and sat back on her heels, beginning to see no other choice but to show up looking like a slob.

She paused contemplatively, tilting her head to the side in thought with her eyebrows scrunched. Billie sat up and cautiously inched towards her aunt's room, tiptoeing as if Georgie would magically appear around the corner and chase her with a broom.

Billie threw open Georgie's closet doors, deciding to take just a peak. As expected along with her previous brief glimpses of her aunt's wardrobe, it was mostly very baggy and comfortable clothes that were practically begging to be snuggled with, but Billie pushed past them to the back, knowing that the nice clothes would be hidden, if by some miracle, they happened to exist.

And to Harper's surprise, they did. And they were surprisingly fashionable. A few fancy dresses here and there, a short cocktail dress which Billie guessed were from her aunt's early twenties and some clothes that were actually fitted, something she could never imagine Georgie wearing in a million years.