ten

Billie promised to never drink again. She briefly flashed back to the last time she'd promised that, but her head simply hurt too bad to linger on any thought for long. Pulsing echoed in her ears and she fought the pained groan in her throat. Fortunately, the curtains were drawn and the room was encased in a soft glow from the little light that escaped. Even then, it was still a little too bright for her.

She spotted asprin and water to her left on Georgie's bedside table. They were both bathed in a nauseating light that made Billie want to cover her eyes.

The painkillers are a good idea? No shit! She thought bitterly to herself, wishing there was some way to just turn it off for a day. Well, there was a way, but Billie had learned from past experiences that it was best to just deal with her gift. She was bad enough at making decisions anyway.

She downed two pills with the water as quickly as she had downed the vodka the night before. Her throat was still feeling particularly scratchy, but the thirst was gone. Just as she shifted her thoughts to hunger, a trail of light appeared, halting at the closed door.

Billie rolled her eyes. Pulling the cover off of her, she found herself still wearing the dress from the night before, but the soft fabric didn't prove overly uncomfortable. She changed into one of Georgie's huge and comfortable shirts. The army green fabric fell to her mid thigh, giving Billie plenty of comfortable breathing room, qualities she never had trouble finding in Georgie's wardrobe.

The light was growing brighter, as if getting impatient with her and Billie headed to the door, only to make it go away because it was hurting her eyes. The second the door opened, the smell of cooking breakfast attacked her nostrils and her stomach rumbled. The light from the open windows in the living room also attacked her red eyes but Billie only winced and covered her eyes, following her nose to the kitchen where her sights fell on an unlikely scene.

Damon danced softly to music in his mind, a pan in his hold with a fresh pancake he flipped expertly.

Without turning he greeted her cheerily. "Morning, sunshine." He whirled on his toes, carrying the pan and smoothly slid the contents on top of a stack of two other pancakes

"Breakfast... is served." He flourished his hands outwards, presenting his masterpiece proudly.

Billie winced slightly at the loudness of his voice combined with the flair of the afternoon sun outside.

She observed the dish with great interest, her stomach rumbling loudly once again. Damon chuckled, easily hearing the noise and presented a knife and fork from the drawer.

Harper looked up at him in surprise. "Is this for me?" She asked softly, her voice rough from the night's activities combined with her natural morning voice.

He rolled his eyes like it was a stupid question. "No, it's for Casper, the friendly ghost who lives in the corne-yes it's for you! Eat up." Damon pushed the plate closer to her encouragingly and Billie sat down, heeding his will. She didn't comment on the trail of light begging her to follow continuing to her front door and beyond.

While she ate, Damon cleaned up the kitchen. "I must say, you and your aunt combined form the ultimate slob." Billie laughed, throwing a towel from the island at the back of his head, which he caught, unfairly, might she add, with his supernatural speed.

Billie frowned, the memories of the night before, a jumbled jigsaw puzzle with several pieces missing. "What happened last night?" She asked, eager for enlightenment.

Damon chuckled, the night a new fond memory of his. "Well, we had a nice little crying session here, got to the Lockwood's where you got completely smashed, which may I just say is very entertaining. Mm... what else I can't think of anything else..." Damon tapped his chin melodramatically, a gleam in his eye.