Chapter 5

Jax P.OV.

The whole weekend I had obsessed over what happened at homecoming. I called Shania enough times to where she eventually started picking up and hanging up instead of just letting it go through. It had been a start. I stalked down the hall, shoulders slumped and I eventually leaned back against my locker and slid to the floor. I didn't know why this whole thing was affecting me so much.

I saw a familiar pair of old battered converse. I looked up and Shania was standing by her locker with Jazzmin. I leaped up from my depression squat on the floor and worked my way over to her though the students in the hall.

I finally reached her and I pulled her into a tight hug. Shania stiffened against me but caved and hugged me back. Jazzmin coughed loudly somewhere behind me. I felt myself released Shania from the embrace and took a step back.

"Get the fuck away, Jax. Neither of us wants you here." Jazzmin said, her voice icy. I had hurt her best friend and I was still breathing. Thats something that never happened with Jazzmin.

I wanted to have a smart reply but instead I shuffled my feet uneasily and started to step away with my head to the floor. I felt slender fingers latch on to my wrist suddenly. I look over at Shania and she mouthed the word "Stay." I froze.

She dragged me across the hall by my wrist, eyes silently followed me. I followed behind her as she lead me into a deserted classroom. I sat in one of the many desks' and laced my fingers together in my lap, I kept my head down. I felt like I couldn't look her in the eye.

"Y-you have fun at the dance?" She asked, hurt lingering in every word,leaning against the teachers' desk. I felt my stomach tighten in guilt and regret.

"I didn't stay. I spent the rest of the night lookin' for you. And obsessing basically the whole weekend." I looked up finally and I looked pleadingly at her, silently begging her with my eyes. Shania head jerked up and she stared at me back.

"You did?" She questioned incredulously.

I nodded," Yup. I felt terrible. Which I never feel and I just...I just I'm sorry," I said the words tumbled out of my mouth. I rapped my fingers on the desk nervously.  She eyed me suspicously,and slowly made her way to me and flung her arms open. I got up and scooped her into my arms and spun around a little.

I heard a soft click and I turned to see the janitor waving his keys at me through the door.  I let go of Shania and ran to the door and jiggled the knob.

"Ohmygod. Are we locked in?!'' She pounded softly on the door.

"Nooooo. I'm just standing here admiring this door 'cause it's fun." Sarcasm dripped in my voice.

She rolled her eyes, shoving my arm, "Shut up." I finally gave up on trying to open the door. Shania left my side and started digging into one of the teachers' closets. I sighed and leaned against the door, "What are you lookin' for?''

She digged through some more junk in the closet, tossing things over her shoulder,"Means of entertainment.''

I smirked," I could entertain you." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. Shania's cheeks flushed a dark red but grabbed a plush school bus from the closet and threw it at me,''Shut up,Jax." 

I caught the toy bus easily and saluted her, ''Ma'am,yes ma'am.'' I watched her as she started to sway her body and hum a song under her breath. Suddenly she leaped away from the closet and strummed heavily on a invisible guitar. Shania randomly burst into song.

Do you remember summer '09?

Wanna go back there everynight,

Just can't lie, was the best time of my life,