Chapter Twenty

*Clarissa*

Davina, Rosalie, Avalon, Nemesis, and I had gone around the city, pouring Hecate's potion over the petrified citizens. It wasn't easy and once they returned to normal, they demanded to know what had happened. Rosalie used a spell to alter their memories, making them forget the entire incident.

It was necessary. The humans were bound to ask far too many questions if we told them the truth and not knowing was safer for them. Ignorance was dangerous, but in this case it was bliss.

We had finished curing petrified victims earlier and were now on our way back to the lake house. Sure enough, a few moments later, Nemesis pulled the car into the driveway.

She shut the car off and the five of us sat there in silence for a few moments. We still hadn't discussed what had happened last night with the Fates. But I knew we needed to talk about it. So I took a deep breath and shattered the silence.

"Look, I know last night was...awful to say the least, but I know that we're all going to make Eris pay for this," I told them.

"Have any of you been down to the cave yet?" Nemesis asked.

I shook my head and there was a chorus of no's from the backseat.

"You guys should go down there," Nemesis told us, "They...they aren't totally gone."

I looked at Avalon, Davina, and Rosalie and then the four of us jumped out of the car and rushed down to the cave in the lake house.

We entered and found the Fates laying on their stone slabs. What had Nemesis been talking about?

I got my answer when a shimmer of light came down from the ceiling and the Four Fates appeared as ghosts.

"Oh my Gods," Rosalie gasped. I covered my mouth in shock.

"What is this?" Avalon asked.

"Calix, is it really you?" Davina asked. The youngest of the Fates nodded.

"It's me, Davina," he assured her.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"We seem to exist here and in Hades' palace for now," Arrow replied.

Rosalie reached out to hold Soren, but her hands went right through him. He gave her a sad smile.

"Sorry beloved," he told her, "We're essentially ghosts and you know what that means."

Rosalie nodded and bit her lip.

"Clary," Arrow called out. I turned to look into his ghostly dark blue eyes. "Don't...don't give up on us."

"Never," I replied, "The potion worked. The citizens of Moonshell are back to normal."

"That's good. I suppose that's the silver lining in all this," Arrow sighed.

"Any idea how we're supposed to stand up to Hemera?" Rosalie asked the Fates.

"Hemera is powerful, but she's at her most powerful when she's with Aether," Arrow explained, "You should talk to him."