Chapter Ten

*Davina*

The Fates and Nemesis returned later that evening and they looked like they'd been in a battle. They were battered, bruised, and exhausted.

Clarissa got a bowl of water and a few cloths. She passed two of the cloths to Avalon and Rosalie and the three of them tended to their respective soulmates. I turned to Calix. There was a cut along his jaw and I felt a pain in my heart for not being able to help him against Ares.

I rubbed my hands together, using the water in my veins to make them colder and then I placed one of my hands on Calix's face. He sighed in relief.

"Thanks," he whispered, "That feels nice."

"What did Ares do to you?!" Rosalie asked as she used her warm touch to soothe Soren's wounds.

"Gave us a beating," Arrow replied, "It's hard to believe, but he's gotten stronger."

Clarissa and Avalon glanced at Rosalie and I felt her guilt. Why did she feel guilty? It wasn't like it was her fault.

"Tell them what you saw, Rose," I encouraged.

Soren looked at his soulmate curiously.

"Rose?" he asked. Rosalie started shaking and Soren held her in his arms. "Hey...it's okay, I'm right here. You're not in the future...you're here in the present with me." Rosalie nodded and took a shaky breath. "What did you see, Rose?" Soren asked.

And Rosalie told him. She told them all. About her vision. About the conclusions we had come to. Everything. To say the Fates were shocked would be an understatement. They were astounded.

"So the meeting is happening tonight?" Arrow asked. Rosalie nodded.

"We need to go and stop Eris from getting anymore power," Clarissa told the oldest Fate.

"If we can cut off Eris' power source then we might stand a better chance of defeating her,"

"But the four of us are too exhausted to go with you," Ryder stated. Arrow looked at Clarissa and I felt the anxiety rolling off him in waves. He sighed.

"You're right," he relented, "We need to cut off Eris' power supply. Just please...promise me you'll be careful."

Clarissa kissed his cheek.

"I promise," she whispered.

Arrow nodded and handed her a sheathed sword.

"The Sword of Hades?" Clarissa asked.

"How do you still have that?" Rosalie asked, "I thought you gave it back after we killed Enyo."

"Our fight isn't over until Eris is defeated and we need a divine weapon to stand up to her, so Hades thought that we should hang on to it for a while," Arrow replied, "Take it, Clary. Use it to strike a decisive blow against Eris. Cut off her power source."

Clarissa took the sword with shaking hands.

"You have a plan, right?" Ryder asked.

"We do," Avalon replied.

"Then you'd better get going," Ryder told us, "The moon will be up soon."