Chapter Fifteen

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Fifteen of Weave! Things are going to get a bit steamy and there is a mature content warning for half of this chapter. I will give you guys a heads up as it gets closer. Hope you all enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Fifteen!

 Hope you all enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Fifteen!

*Davina*

The sun had set a little while ago and Artemis had brought the moon out. Arrow and Clarissa still weren't back yet and neither were Soren, Rosalie, Nemesis, Ryder, and Avalon, which left Calix and me alone in the lake house.

We had eaten dinner before moving outside. Now we were sitting on the dock in comfortable silence, looking at the stars. But soon Calix shattered the silence and what he said stunned me.

"I think I'm ready," he whispered.

"What did you say?" I asked, still shocked and unsure if I'd heard him correctly.

"I said that I'm ready," he replied, "I'm ready to let you in. I'm ready to heal. I'm ready for you see everything. That is...if you're still willing?"

"Calix, of course I am, but...what changed?" I asked.

"A few things," Calix admitted, "I've been thinking about it for a while now and I guess what happened earlier just made it clearer. I didn't want to hurt you by letting you see my pain, but I realize now that the only way I'll be able to heal is if I let myself be vulnerable with you. I've been hurting for centuries, Davina, and I don't want to feel this pain anymore. My soul longs for yours to heal it. My instincts are driving me into your arms because my pain is at its peak. I just...I hope you won't judge me after you see it all."

"Calix, I love you," I assured him, "I knew what I was signing up for when I said those words. I'm ready and I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to judge you for something that wasn't even your fault to begin with.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "You don't have to do this."

"I want to," I replied, "I choose you. I want you, Calix."

And then he kissed me. This kiss was different than the others. It was more heated and full of need. Our lips moved in sync and I felt a desire within me. I wanted him, desperately. I tangled my hands in his hair. He wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me closer.

I let out a moan of pleasure and Calix growled and I felt the shadows swirl around us as we teleported from the dock to his room. My back hit the soft, silk sheets of his bed. He covered my body with his own, his hands on either side of my head.

He froze, staring down at me, eyes dark, trying to gain back some control over his emotions, but I wanted him to let go. He deserved to let go and feel. He didn't have to be so guarded here.