Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning, showered, got dressed, grabbed my gym bag and my phone, and headed out the door. I drove to school and met Nathan in the tutoring center.

“Why do I have to study history anyway?” Nathan asked as he put his pencil down.

“It’s a requirement, so don’t give up. I’m here to help, and I also made you a study guide and here’s a container full of tricks.” I said with a smile as I handed him paper and a container.

Nathan laughed and watched me as I left the room. School was pretty easy, and when I got to class, I met up with Sabrina, Brooke, and Peyton.

“Hey girls.” I said with a smile.

“Hey Kris.” Peyton replied back.

I have no clue why she was the only one that answered back, but at least she called me by my nickname. We walked into class, and I sat in front of Brooke, and Nathan sat next to me. Brooke started whispering to Nathan, but I didn’t pay attention because I was taking notes. I did hear Brooke say something about Nathan and Peyton getting back together, but Nathan shook his head, and started taking notes again.

“Do you get any of this?” Nathan whispered to me.

“Yeah. I’ll explain it later.” I whispered back as I smiled at him.

Nathan smiled back, and class ended after that. I drove home and was met with cop cars.

“What’s going on here?” I asked as I walked up to an officer.

“Ma’am, someone broke into your house, and we’re not sure if it’s clear yet.” an officer replied as he stopped me from going inside.

I was about to say something when an officer came out and said that the house was clear. The other officer that stopped me let me inside, but told me that I would have to change the locks on the door. I told him that I understood, and shut the door when they left.

“What the hell happened mom?” I asked as I looked at my mom.

My mom didn’t answer, so I walked out of the room, went and took a shower, and changed into a dress because Lucas was picking me up for this party thing.

“Wow! You look great.” my mom said as I came down the stairs.

“Thank you.” I replied as I waited for Lucas to come get me.

I heard a horn honk and a knock at the door. I answered it, and left with Lucas, Karen, and Keith. Lucas wanted us to caw if we wanted to leave, and I couldn’t help but laugh at him. We were standing in the back yard listening to Dan give a speech, and I noticed that Lucas was looking at both Brooke and Peyton.

“So… which one is it?” I asked as I nudged him.