Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning to someone pounding on the door. I knew that Lucas was coming home, but I also knew that it wasn't him. When I opened the door, I saw Brooke about to burst into tears. I pulled her inside and hugged her tight as she cried. She told me that Lucas broke up with her. I felt really bad for her, but I knew I couldn't tell her about Peyton because it wasn't my place. I finally got her calmed down, and told her that I was here if she needed me. She thanked me and went home, so I went to see Lucas, and ran into Haley. I just walked past her, and went to see Lucas.

"Sorry to interrupt." I said as I looked between Lucas and Peyton.

"It's fine. Come here buddy." Lucas said as I made my way to him.

I hugged him tight, without hurting him, and almost cried. Peyton left us alone, and I knew that I had to tell him about Nathan.

"Is everything ok, sis?" Lucas asked me. It made me smile when he called me sis because we do act like family.

"No bubba, it's not. Nathan played me like a fool, and I'm really hurting from it." I replied as I leaned into Lucas.

Lucas just hugged me and let me cry. I bet you all are wondering why I didn't rat out Haley. I may be mad at her, but she's still one of my best friends, and I wouldn't do that to her. Lucas didn't ask any questions, but told me not to worry about Nathan, and I told him that I was more worried about him. He made a joke and I had to laugh because I missed this. I finally went home, and I wasn't expecting to get a text from Sabrina, telling me that Nathan was at Haley's. I knew that I should be mad, but I wasn't. Karma is a bitch, and it'll catch up to them.

I decided to clean around the house, since my mom isn't home much anymore. I guess I forgot to tell you guys, but my mom is dating some guy, and she goes to see him all the freaking time. She forgets that she has a daughter, but I want her to be happy, and right now, she is. I finally decided to go for a run, and when I did, I noticed that Deb was standing by her door, crying.

"Deb, is everything ok?" I asked which made her look at me.

"I'm not sure anymore Kristi." Deb replied, but I knew that she was lying.

"Well, I'm here for you if you ever need anything." I said back as I waked up to her and hugged her.

"Thank you and I appreciate that." Deb said back as we pulled apart.

I left and continued my run, but since it was getting dark, I went by the café to talk to Haley. It was no surprise that I also saw Nathan there. I walked in and both of them got really quiet.

"Haley, can I talk to you?" I asked as I looked between the two.

Haley followed me to the kitchen, and I told her what I needed to say.

"I told Lucas about the Nathan situation." I told her and she was shocked.

"What exactly did you tell him?" Haley asked and I knew what she meant.

"I told him that Nathan fooled me, but I left your name out of it." I replied.

"I really am sorry about that Kristi, I really am. I didn't mean for it to happen." Haley said, and I knew she meant every word.

"I know Haley, and that's why I left your name out because I may be mad at you, but you're still one of my best friends, and I couldn't hurt you like that." I said back with a small smile.

Haley smiled back and we hugged. I guess you could say that we're cool again, but I don't know yet. I went home after that, but I wasn't expecting who was waiting for me.

"What do you want, Nathan?" I asked as I walked up to my door.

"I want to say, again, that I'm sorry for what I did. I know it was stupid for lying to you, and I really hope that we can move past this." Nathan replied, and I knew that he was telling the truth.

"I'll have to think about it. Give me a few more days, and I promise to tell you my answer." I said back with a small smile.

Nathan smiled back, and I swear my heart skipped a beat. Nathan left and I went to bed. Maybe we can work this out. I'll just have to wait and see.

Kristi's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/kristis_outfit_ch.12/set?id=115333572&lid=1978885

Kristi's running outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/kristis_running_outfit_ch.12/set?id=115334338&lid=1978885