Chapter 4

The next day at school, Nathan asked me if I was going to the game, and I told him yes. He also told me that he had something that he wanted to ask me, but before he could, Lucas and Haley walked up to us, and stole me away from him. I tried to reach Nathan all day, but Haley or Lucas kept taking my phone. Sabrina surprised me that afternoon when she told me that we were riding the bus with the boys to the game. She sweet talked her uncle, who happens to be Coach Whitey, into letting us ride the bus. She was jumping up and down when we stepped on the bus. I took the seat next to Nathan, and he moved so I could see out the window. Lucky for me that Sabrina sat in front of me with Tim.

I pulled out my phone and started listening to music. We got to the school, and Sabrina was super excited.

“What’s up with you girl?” I asked as I got off the bus.

Sabrina didn’t answer, but ran after Tim. I followed her and sat next to Haley.

“You came.” I said excitedly.

“Yeah. I decided to come support my friends.” Haley said back with a smile.

I hugged her and started watching the teams warm up. Nathan came in front of me, nodded my way, and went back to practice.

“What was that about?” Haley asked.

“Nothing, or at least I think it was nothing.” I replied as I gave both Lucas and Nathan a smile.

The game was interesting to say the least. Nathan and Lucas got into a fight and got thrown out of the game. I was shocked, but I had no idea what was said between the two. I felt bad for Brooke because she had two big boys on top of her, and they ended up hurting her ankle. On the bus ride home, the bus driver pulled the bus off the side of the road. Whitey made Lucas and Nathan stand up and lectured them about working together, but Nathan said that he didn’t see that happening, so Whitey kicked them off the bus. I went with them because who knows what they might do to each other.

Nathan threw a fit, and I tried not to laugh. We started walking, and I made sure that I was between the two of them.

“You should’ve stayed on the bus, Kris.” Lucas said as he looked at me.

“I know Luke, but did you really think that I would leave you out here with Nathan?” I asked as I looked at him.

“You’re right.” Lucas replied back with a smile.

“I know I am.” I said back with a laugh.

Lucas and Nathan both started laughing, and that made me smile more. As we kept walking, the boys started arguing, until this car drove past us, stopped, and called Nathan over. Nathan walked over to the car and was pulled in. The car backed up and stopped in front of us. It was some players from the other team. They threatened to kill Nathan if we didn’t get in the car. We got in and I ended up being pulled into the player’s, which was sitting close to Nathan, lap.

“You’re hot. What’s your name?” he asked as we drove off.