Chapter 5: The fun is over

Back at the hotel suite room, it was dark and quiet, and everybody was now asleep. Matt slept on the bed he got "dibs" on, Tom was asleep on the couch, and Edd was also asleep on the other queen sized bed. Though the clock read 2:25 am, shuffling was heard around in the kitchen. Somebody was still awake.

Tord, grabbing a can of soda, just couldn't get any sleep. He sat down on one of the wooden chairs that stood by the kitchen counter, and slowly opened his can of root beer, trying hard to not wake anybody from the sound of fizz from the drink. Tord sighed as he took a big gulp of the root beer, as if it was really like beer.

He couldn't help but think that something wrong is going to happen. The shaky feeling, and the tight knot in his stomach didn't help either. "Why do I get the feeling that we're not safe?" He thought to himself, as he took another big gulp of his soda.

His deep thinking was then interrupted by someone he accidentally woke up. "Hey Tord. Can't sleep?" Tord jumped a little by the sound of Edd who just woke up. Tord slowly turned to see Edd sitting up on his bed, while rubbing his eyes. "Uh... yeah. Insomnia." He lied, as he rubbed the back of his neck. Edd rose an eyebrow, as he stared at Tord, which made him feel more nervous. "Oh, well that stinks." Edd finally answered.

Without warning, Edd hopped out of bed, and walked into the kitchen. "Uh, aren't you going back to bed?" Tord nervously asked Edd. Edd just smiled as he went to the fridge for a cola. "Nah, you woke me up with the sound of fizz, and now I'm thirsty." He said. Edd went up to Tord and grabbed a nearby chair, and sat beside him. "Besides, you look like you need someone to talk to." Edd continued, as he opened his can of goodness. Tord nervously looked away from him. "No, I'm fine. There's nothing to talk about." He said, hoping Edd would get the idea, and go back to sleep. But not seeming so promising to Edd, he just stayed there. "Really? But all day you looked pretty worried about something." Edd said, as he looked up thinking. Tord looked up a bit surprisingly. He didn't know he looked so nervous and all in front of his friends through the day.

Quickly, he started to think of what to tell Edd, as he didn't want him to know the truth. "So, is there something on your mind?" Edd asked again. He can see Tord fiddling with his fingers as he was trying to look for an answer. "Well." He started. "I've been having problems at home." Tord lied. "Oh yeah? What kind of problems?" Edd asked curiously. "Oh, just... family problems." Tord slowly said the last part. "Oh. Well I'm pretty sure you'll get through the problem." Edd said. "Besides, if you ever need any help, you can always ask me. I mean, I am your friend after all. If your family is giving you a problem, I'll be there for you." Tord was surprised by this, as he looked at his friend. "What? Really?" He asked. Edd just chuckled a bit. "Yeah of course." He smiled at Tord, which made him feel even more guilty.

Tord sighed big as he let his head slowly fall on the edge of the kitchen counter. Not seeing this as a sign of shamefulness, Edd just smiled and patted Tord's back in comfort. "Aw, it's okay Tord. Things will work out." He said. "I hope." Tord muttered out. Although, the situation ending didn't sound so promising.

As loud as they both kinda are, the conversation was interrupted by a grumpy bassist. "Could you guys be quiet? I'm trying to sleep." Tom muttered out to them. They both looked at Tom, but Edd just chuckled at embarrassment. "Heh, sorry Tom." He apologized. Tom just grunted in reply. Edd looked back to Tord and said "Well, we should go back to sleep, huh?" "I... think I'm just gonna stay up a little longer." Tord quietly said. "Oh, well okay." Edd said as got up from the chair. Before he went back to bed, he told Tord "Don't worry Tord, everything will be okay." Edd said with a warm smile. Tord just weakly smiled back at him. With that, Edd went back to bed. Although he was happy to talk to Tord, deep inside Edd felt a little unsure about him. He tried to shrug it off, but another spark of worry came again, as Edd drifted off to sleep.