Chapter 12: In searching

Tom and Tord, who now had to tolerate eachother were walking through the short dark hallway. None spoke a word to eachother, thinking that if they did, they would start up an argument. Although, there were absolutely no guards, they were still trying to be cautious. Tom then spoke up. "What if there were cameras?" "Tom, you gotta be quiet. Just because there's no guards in here, doesn't mean that we're safe." Tom just looked at Tord with an irritated look. "I know that, i'm just saying. What if there were?" He asked again, looking around the walls and ceiling. Tord just rolled his eyes. "It's a really old ship.. there are no cameras installed in here." "Well, you wouldn't know that." Tom said. Tord just sighed. "I do, now let's just keep going." He quietly ordered. Tom just huffed a little, but decided not to say anything, and kept on looking around the hallway just to make sure.

They stopped at a door, and Tord knew this would take him back at the lobby to meet up with J once again. "Alright then... there shouldn't be guards in there, so we should be fine to go in." Tord quietly told Tom, but he didn't look too sure, but instead he nodded, and followed along. "Fine... whatever you say. But if there is, I swear to god, Tord." "Just follow my lead." Tord said, feeling a little annoyed. Right now, Tord really hoped to find one of his other friends soon, so he didn't have to deal with Tom alone. "Fine." Tom repeated.

Tord, feeling sure of himself, quickly turned the knob, and slowly opened the door as Tom suddenly braced himself. Tord looked into the room, and with a rush of relief, no guards were seen anywhere. Tord sighed in relief. "Good job, J." Tord thought to himself with a smirk. Even though Tom was as relieved as Tord, he still had an unsure look on his face. They walked in the now empty lobby, and Tord looked around in it. Scanning the room with his eyes, he felt slightly confused. J wasn't in here. Tom walked up beside him, with a suspicious look. "Well Tord, where is this guy you were talking about." He asked. Tord didn't know either. "I... don't know. Maybe he's not here yet." "Or maybe this is a big trap!" Tom said aloud in bit of anger and worry. Tord hushed him. "No Tord, I don't know even if this is a good idea. What makes you think that a person you just met here in this big ship would be trustworthy enough to you??" Tord just sighed at him. Not listening to Toms rant, Tord walked deeper in the room, looking around to see any sign of J. "Where is he?" He thought to himself. "Hey! Are you listening to me?" Tom asked aloud. Tord quickly shushed him. "Tom, I'm not gonna say it again, you gotta be quiet or-" "Oh what's the use, Tord? We're already gonna die! There is no way outta this." "There will be if you just shut up!...." Tord said almost loudly, feeling more irritated with Tom.

Tom just looked a little angered, as he tightened his fist up. "Why you-" Suddenly, Tom was cut off by the sound of creaking door opening. Both faced away from eachother, looking at the now opened door. Tom tensed up, and backed away with a look of fear, but Tord calmed down from seeing who it was. The guy closed the door behind and walked his way over to them. Tom clenched his fists again, and said aloud "S-stay away-" "J! You're finally here. Where were you?" Tord spoke up, and walked towards J, leaving Tom with a sudden disbelieved look. "Wh-wha?" Both ignoring Tom. "Heh, sorry, kid. Those guards were a little longer to lead out than I thought." J said with an embarrassed smirk. "Oh well at least you're here still-" "Hey! Tord, who is this? How do you know eachother?" Tom cut him off with a question. He looked confused. Tord just sighed. "Uh J, this is one my... friends." Tord said, pointing at Tom. J raised a brow, and turned to look at Tom, who just gave a cold look. "Oh yea, I've seen you." He said, and walked up to him. Tom just backed away with a cautious look. "Yea?!" Tom spurted out. "Well I seen you too! You're one of those guards who took him away from me!" Tom said coldly. "Hm, kid. I was just doing my job...." J said with a shrug. Tord chimed in. "Tom, this is J. He's the one that helped me get you out." Tord said. Tom felt more confused about this. "Yea? Well he was also the guy who helped others lock me up!"