Chapter 2: Unexpected invite

Hours went by, and Edd realized that nothing much has really been happening. It was already in the middle of the afternoon, and all he did was eat breakfast and watch TV. Tom was in his room playing random tunes on his beloved "Susan", and Matt was also watching TV with Edd, while drinking milk from a crazy straw.

It was pretty quiet for awhile, the only thing making sound was the TV. After a few boring minutes, silence was finally broke from a loud talking ginger. "Ugh. Edd I'm bored." Matt suddenly whined out as he sipped his last drop of milk. "Don't you have anything fun in mind?" Edd snapped out of the hypnotism of the TV from Matt, and quickly answered. "I don't know Matt, I'm too tired to think of anything." Edd said in complete boredom. "What do you mean tired? You just got up." Matt said. Edd looked at Matt. "What do you want me to do? Raise the dead?" He said in a joking matter. Matt shivered. "No! Not again." He said, unknowing that Edd was making a joke.

"Well fine, if you don't know what to do, then I'm just gonna go outside." Matt said, getting up from the couch. Edd just nodded, and continued being hypnotized by the TV. Matt walked out the door and closed it behind him. He stood out on the steps for awhile, looking at the scenery that stood in front of him. It was partly cloudy outside, with the soft warm summer wind blowing in Matt's ginger hair. He realized there isn't nobody outside. He sighed, and stood there for awhile. "Meh, what a boring day this is." He thought to himself.

At that moment, Matt perked up to a sound of a truck coming his way. It was a mail delivery truck. Matt stood there in confusion as he saw the scruffy looking mailman jump out of his truck, and head towards their mailbox. The mailman put a couple of mail in there. Just as he was about to leave, the mailman noticed Matt standing there, and greeted him with a "Good afternoon." And with that, he left.

Matt stared at the truck until it disappeared, and then his eyes glanced at the mailbox. Curious of what mail they got, Matt just shrugged and went to check what they got. He opened the mailbox to see a couple of mail, and a newspaper. Matt started flipping them like cards, and read them one by one. "Bills, bills, bills, boring newspaper ad- hey!" Matt stopped at one particular mail. "Huh. Whadya know? A letter." Matt smiled as he shoved the bills in his purple hoodie pocket, and looked at the letter, and the returned address. "Well, it could be from a fan. Probably a fan of mine. I am pretty popular, and pretty- wait a minute!" Matt was cut off again from talking to himself once he saw the name of the person who sent this letter, which was a big surprise! "Bloody hell!" He thought surprisingly to himself, and quickly ran inside.

Inside, Edd was watching a TV ad showing diet baconcola as a new product! At that moment Matt burst inside the house and into the living room. "Guys! Guys! You wouldn't believe what just happened!" Matt cried out enthusiastically. Edd also quickly got out of the chair in utter surprise too. "I know! Can you believe they're now selling 'diet' baconcola?! That's just wrong!" Edd said out in disgust crossing his arms. Matt stared at Edd with confusion. "Wha- really? That's weird... but that's not what I wanted to tell you! Where's Tom?" Matt asked in excitement, as he held the letter in his hand, almost crinkling it up from his grasp. "Eh, he's in his room doing whateve-" "He needs to come out here to hear the news!" Matt yelled out, rudely cutting off Edd. He obviously can't seem to maintain his excitement. Edd raised his hands up from the outbreak. "Whoa, okay okay." He said out. After that, Edd went for Tom.

Minutes passed, and everyone was now standing around in the livingroom to hear what Matt has to say. "This better be important Matt. You just cut off my time playing awesome tunes." Tom grumbled out, crossing his arms together. "Okay first of all, they're not that great, secondly, we got a letter from someone." Matt said out, still sounding excited. Edd now started to get a little bit surprised. "Really? We don't get that much letters." He said. "Yeah. The only letters we get is from fans who want to be on our show." Tom said, yet not sounding as surprising as the other two. "Yeah, but you won't believe who sent this one to us." Matt said, raising the white letter up for the other two to see. "It's weird, we haven't heard from him in years." Matt said, which caught Edd's attention from what he said. "Him? Years? What are talking about? Let me see that letter." Edd said.

He swiped the letter out of Matt's hands, and Matt didn't look very approving from that action, and Edd examined the letter a little more closely. "Address, postal code, returned address...." Edd mumbled out, until he stumbled upon of who sent it. "Oh my god." He said out in surprised. "What? Who sent it?" Tom asked, now starting to get curious. Edd looked at Tom, and read out. "It's Tord!" He said in a serious tone.

Tom looked surprised, but then chuckled a little. "Oh Edd, you're such a kidder." He said, chuckling a bit. Edd looked at Tom with a serious face. "I'm not kidding Tom. Even the author is saying that I'm serious." Tom stopped chuckling, and then started to look surprised again. "Wha? Well...." Tom started to think. "Well it's probably just some troll, you know." He said. "Well the only way to find out is to open it and read it." Edd said, and just as soon as he was about to open it. "Wait! Let me get my camera!" Matt said out loud, obviously wanting to record their "reactions".

Edd just rolled his eyes at Matts idiocy. "It's not that big of a deal, Matt. We just haven't heard from Tord in 4 years, that's all." He said, but Matt didn't listen to him and still got his camera anyways. Edd opened the letter, took it out and unfolded it. The letter seemed to be a bit ripped from some edges, and had a little bit of stains. But Edd was relieved that the letters weren't smeared. Edd looked at the appearance of the letter closely. "Boy, this letter looks old." He said. "Well, what are you waiting for? Read it." Tom said, obviously starting to get impatient. Matt started up his camera to record. Edd then started to read the letter out loud. "Well. This it what is says guys."

"Tord's letter"
Dear friends,
It's been awhile, right? You're also probably surprised by this. I wanted to tell you guys that I haven't seen you all in awhile, and I decided that I wanted to see you all again. Oh no, I'm not coming over there if that's what you're thinking. I can't anyways.... Norway? Not there either.... Actually, I wanted to ask all three of you... including Tom, if you all want to go on a big vacation. Since it is summer, you guys will have free time on your hands, right? Don't worry, the only thing you need to pay for is food. In this letter I've sent you guys plane tickets already, and to my surprise, they weren't so expensive. But if you don't want to, that is... fine by me. But for the s̶a̶f̶e̶t̶y̶ the fun of it, I hope you guys will want to. I really do. But it's fine if you don't. The vacation will be at France, fancy, right? If you guys decide to go, your plane will leave in the morning at 9:00 am, and once you guys arrive, I'll be waiting outside the airport you'll arrive at. Don't worry, this will be fun, I mean France does have nice places to go to, like the Eiffel Tower, and things like that. That's all, I don't have much time now. Take your time reading this, and I hope to see you all again.
From, Tord

Back to the main three. Everyone was standing there in awe, and a bit of shock. Edd was still holding the paper abit silently. Finally, Tom broke out the silence. "How the heck did he know our address?" He said, in a bit of surprisement.

"Well this is really unexpecting. I knew something was gonna happen today." Edd said. "Yea! I've also got your expressions on tape. This is so~ going on my blog." Matt said, smiling like an dummy. "Well? What do you guys think? He did get those tickets for us." Tom said. Edd pulled out the three tickets and examined them. They seem pretty legit. "Well guys, I've made up my mind already." Edd said, smiling optimistically. He placed the tickets down on the coffee table, and looked at his two friends with glee. "We're going to France."