anger;

Arthur, Kingsley, and Remus arrived at the Ministry at 5 p.m. Even though it was very strange of Lucius to plan something or to talk with Death Eaters at the Ministry, Remus had to spy on him.

"You know what you-"
"Yes, Kinglsey, you reminded me today a thousand times." Remus responded, giggling.
"This is very important for us, you know that!"
"Good luck!" Arthur patted his shoulder before disappearing into the crowd. "Be careful!"

Remus nodded and left Kingsley alone. While following Lucius, he tried to act as naturally as possible until an old lady hit him with her wand. He was so intent on finding a good hiding spot that he didn't realize he was standing in the middle of some angry wizards.
"Hey!"
"Why are you staying in our way, boy? Can't you see we are hurrying? I can't understand young people anymore."

Remus saw Lucius again. He turned to a corridor where Lucius was talking to a man. Remus hid behind a big plant and listened carefully.

"...did you capture them?"
"All of them. And we have already tortured them."
Malfoy looked around.
"The Lord... The Lord wanted to bring them to me!"
"I'm pretty sure the Lord said to torture them until they tell us the truth. You're not the most important human on this planet, Malfoy." the man said.

Lucius' face turned red.
"Alright Lucius, if you're so concerned with this task, kill..."

The Death Eaters moved away from the plant. Remus had no idea what they were planning, but he sneaked behind a wall and held his breath.

"Aurors! Aurors! Every single time you fail to do something, you blame those morons. Are you afraid of some stupid aurors? Poor little kids!"
"You barely fight with them, Malfoy." the man said slowly. "I guess you're the one who's scared of them. A lot of Death Eaters died, you know?"
"Be careful what you say, or you won't leave this building in your human form. Are we being spied? I have this strange feeling..."

Lucius looked around them nervously, and instead of seeing Remus, his eyes got fixated on Tonks, who was talking to Arthur.

"I can't believe the aurors are still a problem for you. I would love to crush them all into pieces-"
"You saw Nymphadora over there and got mad... Why do you hate her so much, Malfoy, I mean, she's related to you..." the wizard said with a grin.
"Don't you dare to remind me that she's my relative!" Lucius almost shouted. "She's a disgrace for our family. I can't see her in front of my eyes. She shouldn't have been born."

Remus tried to remain calm, but his heart was beating faster and faster like it wanted to break his chest. He clenched his fists.

"My dear little niece is talking with that redhead." Lucius continued fake smiling.

Lucius moved his wand; a spell gushed from it and hit Tonks' wrist. She winced, and Arthur looked shocked at her bleeding wound. The other Death Eater couldn't believe his eyes.

"I would love to kill her right now. The only problem is that we're surrounded by people, and I would end up being murdered by the Lord himself. So stop complaining. It's not that hard to kill an auror."

Remus' blood was boiling, and his senses sharpened to the max.

"So, what were we talking ab-"
"EXPELLIARMUS!"

Only Lucius dodged the spell. The other man got hit by it right in his legs. Before realizing what he was doing, Remus found himself taking Lucius by his collar and punching him in the face.

Remus barely understood what happened next. He remained there, staring terrified at Lucius. In the next moment, Remus flew over the big plant, then fell near a fountain. All sorts of wizards were gathering around him, and somebody put Remus' arms behind his back. He heard Lucius talking, but he didn't understand a word. His whole body was aching.

•••

He was lying on the ground, far away from the Ministry.

"Dammit, Remus, get up!" Arthur said while helping Remus stand up. "Merlin's beard, what happened there?"

Everything felt like a fever dream.

"Where am I?"
"We don't have enough time to talk because I must go back. They're coming after you! You stay right here and wait for Tonks. You'll leave together."

Remus covered his mouth and reflected on what had happened. His wand was missing, and his collar was bloodstained.

"Great."

He made a really big mistake by reacting so immaturely and irrationally. Since when did he turn into a 16-year-old James Potter?

It wasn't long before Tonks appeared next to him. Remus leaned on a wall and looked away.

"Remus, are you alright- wait, why are you covering your mouth?"
"Well..."
"Please, let me see- oh my God, you look horrible. Your lip..."
"It's no big deal, really..." he lied.
"No big deal? Remus, you are seriously wounded, and you dare to tell me that it's NOT a big deal? You scared me to death. Arthur and I saw you lying on the ground, and some wizards were trying to arrest you... Can you please tell me what happened?"
"It's uhh... it's a long story..."
"How are you feeling?"
"A little dizzy..."
"Here, take your wand, I found it while I was running after you. We should go now, don't you think? We don't want to be caught, and I can't bear to see you looking like this."

They disapparated after making sure they weren't being followed. Tonks didn't even know that he was the one who had started that mess, but Remus knew he had to tell her.