jealousy;

DiyaRani355 hope you like how it turned out!

One day, while Tonks was going for a walk in Diagon Alley, she heard some strangers talking about a charity ball organized for wizards. The next time she met Remus, she asked him if he would like to go with her because she had never been to a ball.

•••

Remus arrived there first and went in the hall, which was full of people. He tried to make his way through wizards and went to a quiet place. He looked curiously around the room until he saw some guests that eyeing his scars. Remus didn't want to win the attention of strangers, so he looked away. He recognized Tonks from far away, and his eyes twinkled with admiration for her.

Tonks' pink hair was outlining her crescent shaped earrings. She was wearing a beige dress that was rather simple compared to other dresses, but she looked perfect wearing it. Remus had never seen her wearing a dress before, but she immediately took his breath away. She was stunningly beautiful.

"Close your mouth, Remus!" she said, grinning. "I just want to ask somebody when does the party end. Wait right here." She kissed his cheek quickly.
"Dora, wait a second, you look-"
But she had already disappeared in the crowd.
"-fantastic."

Too many people. He couldn't relax with so many people and noise. Some of them were still staring at him. The only reason why he accepted to go with Tonks there is because he wanted to spend more time with her.

Remus remained in the same place, waiting for Tonks to come back. He constantly checked his watch until his attention got distracted by somebody from the crowd who took Tonks by her arm. Who was that guy? Was he bothering her? Remus looked at them confused, then ran after them.

"Mickey?" Tonks asked in surprise.

"She knows him? "Mickey"? What kind of nickname is that?" Remus muttered, disgusted.

They didn't seem to notice him, so he got closer. The man hugged her; Remus felt hot flames of envy in his chest.

"What are you doing here? Oh God, it's been so long..." she said excitedly.
"But you haven't changed a bit, Dora!"

Remus couldn't believe another man was calling her "Dora." He thought he was the only one.

So that was the real reason why she wanted to go to that ball. To meet with her "friend". Remus almost forgot how to breathe as he was rushing outside. He knocked down a few drinks on somebody's dress, but he didn't care. He was sad and angry at the same time.

•••

Tonks couldn't find Remus anywhere, so she decided to go outside. A few street lamps were lighting up the garden. In the distance, Tonks saw a man standing near a tree.

"Remus! Remus!" she shouted, hoping it was him.
He heard her, but he didn't move.
"Where have you been? I ran into an old friend of mine, and when I got back-"
"Just wanted to take some fresh air." he replied dryly.

He put his hands deep down in his pockets.
"Weren't you having fun? I saw you speaking with your friend, Mickey-"
"You spied on us?"
"Alright, I get it. He wasn't entertaining enough, and you decided to search for me!"
"That's really what you think?"
"I think I can be a better man than him! I can take care of you!"

He said more than he wanted to say. "I'm so stupid." he thought.

"Are you jealous, Remus?"
"No, I'm not!"
"Oh yes, you are!"
"Fine, I am jealous because I feel like you will disappear forever from my life whenever I close my eyes!"