Chapter 7: Independent Women

Author Notes: Okay so one if my readers told me to move it up with my speed of updating. Usually I update when I want to, and that's not going to change. I am a busy person, with that, I'll update when ever I have free time. @nailpolishandbook, this is for you , and it's a one time thing, so please just be patient for the remainder of the book.

⠀⠀⠀"Question " Tell me what you think about me?" I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings" -
D e s t i n y ' s C h i l d

After we safely landed into our destination airport, I caught an lovely cab home. I couldn't wait to get in my comfortable bed, watch some tv, and eat some of my favorite ice cream, cookies and cream.
⠀⠀ When I arrived home, I received a text from Juliet.

Can you come by later on. I need some girl advice on this dress.

I just looked at my phone in disbelief, she has to have more friends then me. Right? I mean I don't want to go over to her and Mr. Ass Face's condo, or where ever they live. I much rather stay at home, like I was doing in the first place. So I sat my phone down in the living room, and walked right into my kitchen.
I was in the middle of bout to cook some Parmesan Chicken and rice, when somebody decided to knock on my door.

Let me remind you what I have on, a dingy old light purple tank top, regular shorts that barely stop mid-thigh, and some long knee high socks. My hair is in a mess of all mess bun, and I have at least three types of cheese on me.

As I wonder "Who in the heck can be knocking at my door around 9 o'clock at night", I slowly approached my door, and gradually look out the peep hole. When I seen who it was, you don't know how bad I wanted to run and jump right into my bed. I wanted to pretend I wasn't here at all, but instead being a nice person I open up the door.

"Oh honey, sorry for interrupting, me and Cameron decided to pay you a visit, and see if you'll like to come with us." Juliet said, while looking me up and down. "But if you're busy we can wait, until you freshen up or finish doing whatever you were doing." At that moment I wanted to smack her in her freaking face. She didn't even give me the option to turn her offer down. Talking about "They'll wait", wait for what? I'm going to take my time, if they genuinely think I'm about to go somewhere with them. It's already bad enough I see that "Fiancé" of hers every fucking day.

"Um Nadia, excuse my lovely fiancé, what she meant to say is SHE invited you, not me. And she also meant to say if you're BUSY, than we'll just leave." Cameron said, with a smug on his face. Now it's slight funny how I wanted to beat his and her face in with my frying pan, but you know what, I decided to go with my good side, and nicely say
"I am kind of busy cooking food, and preparing for an exhausting morning. I'm happy you wanted to invite me Juliet, but I'm can't take you up for that offer, maybe next time. So you and your fiancé have a nice date" I said shutting my door in their faces without waiting for a reply.

They had me fucked up. Like no bitch! No, you just don't pop up to somebody house and then be rude while asking them to go out with you. I went back to my kitchen, and finish cooking my meal, which I lost my appetite for, so it'll be lunch for tomorrow, but that's if I get a lunch break tomorrow. Cameron is such an ass all the fucking time.

⠀⠀⠀ I woke up a little bit earlier than usually, so I can do my daily run around the block. Which has became a habit, I use to not like running that much, but I guess it's just another way to relieve stress than smoking. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't have nothing against smoking, it's just something I don't see myself doing.
Anyway while running through the park, I seen Mr. Gonzalez and his wife watching their kids play at the park. I must say, they have a beautiful family, and he seems to enjoy having his wife, than his younger brother, who seem to can't stand to have Juliet around some times. I continued my run, until my eight o'clock alarm went off, which mean I have thirty minutes to run back to my apartment, another thirty to take a bath, get dress, call a cab d, and make it on time for work. Even though I dreaded seeing Mr. Gonzalez face today, I need the money.

I made it back in time to at least take a fifteen minute shower, and style my hair up, and then get dress. After all that hard laboring of picking out the outfit, I had ten minutes for my cab to arrive. Hopefully there won't be hell of traffic on the main road today, considering the fact I have to be at work at nine-fifty. When my driver arrived, he decided to take back roads, since he knew the main roads will be busy, which got me there a whole lot quicker.
"That'll be 25.95" he said, as I just handed him thirty, and jump straight out of the car.

I made it to the eighteenth floor with five minutes to spare, which I decide to sit in my office, before Mr. Ass Face could call me in.

Exactly at nine-fifty, my phone ring, and that's when my day have started.

After filing, re-filing, and organizing files, I can finally take a twenty minute break. I forgot to bring my lunch, so I decided to run down to the cafe that's down stairs, and just get me a turkey club sandwich, minus mayo.

After I went down for my sandwich, I came back up, to eat it in my office, so I can finish emailing these people for Mr. Gonzalez.

After about thirty minute of emailing, and munching on my sandwich, I was finish, and had one more assignment to do, but I think Mr. Gonzalez forgot all about me.
A knock was put upon my office door.
"Come in" I yelled.
⠀⠀⠀"Tomorrow we have to fly out to California, usually I'll let you choose to stay here and do office work, or come with me, but that was for my old assistance. So be ready at 3 am, our flight lives at five, so I'll be picking up a three sharp. You can go home now." He said shooing me off. He can't be serious. We just got back from a trip.

I sigh, and began packing my stuff when forgetting I didn't have a ride and I didn't feel like catching a cab, so I had to call the one person Juliet.

After a two minute call with Juliet, she said she'll be here in five minutes. I decided to wait in the lobby for her.

After what seems like an hour she finally shows.
"Sorry I'm late girl. I just had a meeting with one my exes. He wanted to talk about 'us' again, and I was like "Hell No", and then he gave me a kiss. And girl I must say, I miss his kisses. But I had to walk away." I didn't know whether to hit this girl, or ignore her. Who just tells people their business. I didn't need no explanation to be honest. Just a sorry would be fine.
I just nodded my head, and pretend I didn't hear a thing. It's funny how she's basically cheating on Cameron, but hey that's none of my business.