Epilogue

Epilogue

I scanned the whole room, filled with people. They were all smiles while waiting for me to speak.

I felt my heart squeezed as the memories of my love come back.

I gave them a small smile before I started to speak.

"No one can explain how emotional I am right now. Standing here brings back the memories when I was giving my love a eulogy, fifty years ago. I couldn't speak that time, I was speechless and all I did was cry over her death."

I saw them listening intently as I deliver every words. They were holding the first book I wrote years ago.

"Pity all over the faces of the people who attended her funeral. I wanted to yell at them because they were making me feel worse. But I remember one time when Alexandra asked me to forget my anger, because I won't get something good from it."

My eyes focused the big frame near the podium. It was Alexandra's picture.

"She's very right," I only whispered yet they understood what I said.

"God knows how I hated my fate but Alexandra encouraged me. She filled me with good memories that I carried while I was in a long journey. Alexandra is always my inspiration."

Some people in the audience started to cry. These people loved our love story.

"Today is her 50th death anniversary. 50 years of life without her is very difficult. I can still feel the pain of her death. But our love is bigger."

This is my first public speaking. This is supposed to be a booksigning but I chose not to sign any books because my fingers won't like it.

I continued sharing stories that are not included in the book.

"Thank you so much for coming and supporting our epic love story. God bless you all," I ended my speech with a smile and left everyone in tears.

I was in the backstage when a young man entered while holding all my books. He reminds me of my teenager self. But his face is more serious than mine.

"Mr. Mallari," he stopped and gasped for air like he just finished a marathon.

"I'm sorry," he apologized and released a breath.

"I have not read any of your books. But my friend did that's why I decided to come here to make you signed these for her."

"Are you sure she is just a friend?" I asked with my teasing voice.

"Yes," the young man answered.

"Then I won't sign the books," I said. I was about to leave when he knelt in front me and begged for me to sign the books.

"I guess she's not just a friend," I said while getting the books from him and looking at him as he stands.

I signed the books but before I gave them back to him, reached for my bag to get another copy of my first book, entitled Fate.

"I will be giving you this for free. Hope you'll learn from it," I said while giving him the books.

This my goal. I don't just write to tell a story, but I became a writer to change people. Because my books are based from my experiences.

This young man knows his friend's worth but he doesn't want to admit that he is in love with his friend. I want him to realize before it's too late.

His face became more serious, curiosity all over his face.

"Thank you for the free book. I will read it," the young man assured.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Vandale Ledesma."

THE END

A/N: Sa pamamaalam ni Joseph and Alexandra ay siya namang pagpapakilala kay Vandale na susunod na bibida sa story kong "Two Worlds, One Word". Maraming salamat po! ♥