Chapter 26: Peace and Amends

Third Person's P.O.V.

Danielle and her friends all cheered as they were in the club, celebrating their victory on taking back the WWE.

"First of all, I want to say that I'm grateful that you all decided to stand and help me take back the place that we've dedicated our lives to. Without your help, I don't know where we could have gone. Thank you all and I love every single one of you. To the Legion of Darkness!" she explained.

"To the Legion of Darkness!" her friends replied as they all took sips of their drinks.

For the next couple hours, Danielle and her friend danced on the dance floor and had all the fun in the world they wanted so badly in the beginning.

"How about some Starbucks tomorrow morning?!" AJ yelled over the loud music.

"Sounds good to me!" she replied.

"Count me in!" she heard Dean say, making them both laugh.

Danielle laughed with her friends as the Alpha of WWE partied and basically let loose.

That was until she grew tired and decided to go to the bar, asking for a water, since she wasn't too keen on drinking any shots, since she had limits.

As she caught her breath and chugged all the water she could, she decided to sit back a bit and relax, watching her pack, her family, have fun.

It was then she felt someone nudge her shoulder. Turning, she saw Daikon there.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Colby's here. He seems lonely." she said.

Danielle looked to her right and saw him in a corner, drinking some beer. He looked a bit miserable and it was killing her just by seeing him.

She turned to her almost brother, who nodded and smiled sweetly at her. "Go to him. He needs you."

She smiled and nodded before getting up and walking to where Colby was.

He looked up at her as she smiled at him. "Hi. Can we talk?"

Colby placed his can down and led her to a different area of the club where it was just the two of them.

"What is it?" he asked.

She had finally found the courage to tell him everything she wanted to tell him ever since that night he came out to her and told her everything all the way to that night in her hotel room with him.

"I thought about it. Day and night. You were right, you did regret what you did. I thought about it since our last night together. I realized that you have been fighting to earn my trust and you feel guilty. I feel guilty as well, for not letting you explain yourself and for letting my pride get the best of me to admit so. At first, I didn't believe anything, because I was afraid my heart would be broken again. You've already proved that you made a mistake and that you're still the same person I know deep down. You even proved yourself worthy of my trust after what you did tonight." she explained.

She looked back and saw Daikon there with Roman and Dean, who smiled, nodding their heads.

She turned back to Colby, who was looking at her with a look of hope on his face. Was he getting his girl back? Was she going to give him another chance? 

"What I'm saying is that I've decided to forgive you." she finished.

Colby felt all the weight on his shoulders lift as he smiled at her. "Thank you, Danielle." he told her as he hugged her.

Danielle smiled as she hugged him back, not knowing her friends were smiling, knowing their Alpha had finally mended things with what some called her other half.

"Okay, let them be." Daikon said as he told them to go back to what they were doing. They all listened to their second-in-command.

Colby smiled before they both pulled away and he released her hands. "Well, I guess I'll see you around soon. I hope you find someone who will do for you what I didn't do." 

He turned and walked away before Danielle shook her head. She grabbed his wrist and forced him to turn around before crashing her lips to his.

He relaxed into the kiss and pulled her close. Danielle missed his warmth. His strong arms around her. 

Once they pulled away, she cupped his face. "I didn't finish."

Colby looked at her in confusion. 

"I'm willing to give you a second chance at a relationship." she explained.

He smiled before he hugged her and she hugged him back. "I was hoping you'd say that."

Danielle looked at him before kissing him again and he was more than happy to kiss her back.

"I promise to never hurt you again and next time something happens, I'll tell you and we can figure it out together. I promise to stay by your side and be there for you if you need me. I love you, Danielle Calaway."

She smiled as she felt her inner self talking to her. 

'He loves you! Tell him you love him back! You know you do!'

Danielle placed a hand on his cheek before hugging him once again, burying her face into his shoulder. She leaned into his ear and quietly whispered the three words she never thought she would be saying again.

And those words made Colby break down in happy tears and she smiled, seeing this side of him once again in so long.

"I love you."