𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫.

𝖆 𝖉𝖆𝖙𝖊

♡♡♡♡

As Christmas approached, Lyra started to get nervous. Christmas meant holiday's, and holidays meant seeing her parents. 

Now, she didn't hate her parents, but she never liked them either. It had to do with their way of thinking. Just like nearly all pure-blood family's, they were racist and entitled, thinking they were superior than the rest, even the Blacks.

In a way, it was true. The Edevane name held a lot of meaning and was probably the oldest family name out there, but did not give them the right to treat the rest as garbage. They also happened to be the reason for her brother's death, which she could never forgive.

Now, the main reason she dreaded seeing them, wasn't only because of her relationship with them, but because she was scared of what they'd say about her breakup with Lucius.

They had planned their marriage since they were basically born and she knew they'd be disappointed in her, even if it wasn't her fault he cheated. 

She also knew they'd be pissed, not only because Lucius was long forgotten, but because she'd refuse any other marriage proposal because she eyes for someone else:

James bloody Potter.

You see, ever since Sirius and Remus had started dating, she had been spending a lot of time together. And I mean a lot.

They would be constantly spotted together, just passing time. People even began speculating if they were dating, but soon threw that idea out the window when they'd see him eyeing Lily from across the room.

You see, James was completely and utterly torn. Having spent all that time with Lyra had made him fall even harder for the girl. He wanted to spend every waking moment with her. He'd watch her laugh at whatever stupid thing he'd say and he'd get butterflies, he'd watch her tuck her hair behind her ear and felt like she was the most beautiful thing in the world, and yet when he'd catch sight of Lily, it was like the world would stop spinning and it was only him and the red-head.

One thing everyone had noticed though, was how James had stopped asking Lily out, which even surprised Lily herself, though it was quite a relief if she was being honest.

And so, it was finally the day before Slughorn's Christmas party, and Lyra found her self in Lily's dormitory, watching Marlene destroy her wardrobe.

"I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to wear tomorrow." Marlene cursed as she rummaged through her clothes. "Tell me why I agreed to be your date?" She questioned, turning to look at Lily who's hair was getting braided by Lyra.