𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱-𝔱𝔴𝔬.

𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊-𝖚𝖕𝖘

♡♡♡♡

Lyra couldn't recall when they had gone to bed, but by the time she had gotten up, the butterflies in her stomach were still there, along with the stupid grin she could not seem to get off her face.

She had never felt this way, not even with Lucius. It was like they were meant to be, and it had taken her a while to realise that.

But Lyra wasn't stupid. She knew that James was confused. He liked Lily, that was painfully obvious, but he also liked Lyra, which even though it made the girl happy, it also pained her, because she felt like she wasn't enough for him.

Lyra sighed, hopping out of James' bed. She needed to distract herself and not think about any of this, and what was more distracting and comforting than food?

She headed downstairs, expecting to see Felamont and Euphemia, figuring the boys were still in bed as it was pretty early. What she didn't expect though, was to find the married couple having a heated conversation with- 

"Mother?"

The trio turned their heads in Lyra's direction, Lyra's eyes widening.

There was no sound in the house as the tension built, the air so brittle it could snap.

Emelia quickly stood up from the couch at the sound of her daughter's voice. "Lyra," She breathed.

Lyra had never seen her mother in this state in her 16 years of life. She looked restless, the bag under her eyes prominent. She seemed to have been crying as her eyes and cheeks were red and blotchy.

"Wha-what are you doing here? How did you find me?" The girl stammered, anger beginning to take over her body. 

"I figured you'd come here," Emelia's voice was hoarse as she spoke as she approached Lyra. "I came to talk to you. I want you to come back-"

"-Come back?" Lyra scoffed, "You expect me to come back to him? To you? After everything that's happened? After he told me I was dead to both of you?"

"Lyra-" Emelia reached for her arm but Lyra was quick to pull away.

"-No mother. I won't listen to anything you have to say. You made everything quite clear yester-"

"I left your father."

Lyra felt silent, knitting her eyebrows. "You what?"