The Feeling Remains

Stevie couldn't help feel a tinge of excitement that Christine wanted to get ready with her, but also nervousness "I'm so sorry Chris, we have to cut the dinner short, bloody Mick and his timing!" Stevie sighed then chuckling softly as she began grabbing the plates, still annoyed with Mick's timing and also how they had to perform soon instead of actually sorting out their emotions, she felt like her and Christine were finally getting somewhere, maybe closer to re-connecting and then Mick had to interrupt them, there always seemed to be something interrupting them. 

"Stevie darling, its fine, the dinner was lovely, we ate it, we just can get drunk now and rock a little!" Christine chuckled, glancing at the wine, wanting more as she knew they had to perform and she also felt her anxiety starting to hit her more, about her feelings for Stevie, how close she had been to opening up to her and then also the fact she would be on stage soon, she felt like a whole mixed up bundle of overflowing emotions that she was fighting to keep at bay.

Stevie smiled softly, also wishing they had managed to get drunk, maybe the same sparks would fly between them or at least become more obvious, the sparks that were on the edge or reigniting at any glance, any word, any touch, Stevie felt them stronger after the wine had already made her a little tipsy too "We can drink after the show, you will only drink alone, as I will too, so we mine as well drink together, like old times!" Stevie smiled trying to bargain a better option for both of them, especially Christine since it was clear she was having issues with alcohol again, Stevie herself was also craving more as the wine had hit her quicker, not having cocaine anymore to raise her alertness and cigarettes to extinguish some of the buzz, she also felt like Christine was intoxicating her, in a good way though. 

"I don't want to corrupt you into my dirty ways! I always felt like a bad influence!" Christine chuckled. 

Stevie's own replies were less filtered "I think your kind of dirty ways is a good track to go down!" The younger woman winked and giggled, feeling more and more like they were back on earlier tours and feeling more at ease when she realised how Christine hadn't changed in some ways. 

Christine froze, feeling an almost electric current rush through her, Stevie was being suggestive and it made Christine want to show Stevie how much she had missed their intimate moments "Your too angelic, I'm the dirty one!" Christine forced a laugh, feeling insecure again as she stood up and helped put the glasses and dishes in the sink, Stevie was soon by her side and she instantly felt herself tense up in what was clear to be excitement, them being so close together again.

"Hey, you are not dirty in a bad way, just a sexy way, you are perfect, don't ever let me hear you put yourself down ever again, alright!" Stevie stated and playfully smacked Christine's ass after slowly brushing against her while she made her way past, feeling like she was loosing control over herself in away and her senses and attraction to Christine was making her hold back less. 

Christine stopped herself from kissing Stevie right there and then as the electric feeling rippled through her whole body causing her to shiver at the touch, she wanted to go make love with her there and then, on the floor, the lounge, the wall, wherever, but she used every fibre of her being to not make a move, she just smiled dazed instead at her and then felt stupid, wondering were here boldness had gone, but she was worried she would be taking advantage of Stevie, ruining their, friendship or ruining Stevie's sobriety from drugs, she also was so scared that she wasn't good enough for Stevie. 

"I'm sorry, I over stepped, I should have well..." Stevie bit her bottom lip shy as she saw Christine's expression, worrying she had caused her to silence. 

"Stevie, stop, it was fine, we're best friends, stop being so edgy, its us, we have done everything together anyway!" Christine chuckled, wanting her to feel better about her boldness "Cocaine made us experimental in anything anyway, that really was tame compared to the things we have done together!" Christine grinned, recalling heaps of times they had done much more than intended. 

Stevie still didn't know how to read Christine but she seemed she wasn't bothered by her flirty gesture "You are right!" Stevie smiled, gently resting her hands on Christine's sides "You let me do anything to you!" She then giggled, feeling the wine making her nostalgic as well as slightly aroused, smelling Christine's perfume, touching her again, hearing her husky subtle flirting. 

"Trust Stevie, I trusted you and still do and always will, I guess its because we were best friends for so long and I still classify you as my best friend and always will!" Christine smiled, slightly leaning back against Stevie, telling herself it was just an embrace for old times sake and they were both tipsy and probably emotional she then thought back over some of her and Stevie's magical nights together after performances, in many hotel rooms and so on "You never were rough or hurt me in bed either, unless we were too high and got carried away, but it was mind blowing and you still made sure I was alright too, you truly are a catch!" Christine smirked, and laughed as she felt Stevie leaning against her back more, amazed at how close they were and slowly forgetting about her insecurities. 

Stevie was suddenly hit with a landslide of memories and then blurted out "I miss it Chris!" she stammered, then bit her bottom lip as she felt Christine tense up in her embrace and she began to panic, slowly letting go of Christine and recoiling quickly and Christine turned around looking at her confused and she felt even worse "Sorry, your married, I shouldn't have, the wine went straight to my head!" Stevie stammered as she saw Christine's wedding ring and quickly took another step back, not wanting to once again complicate Christine's life "I'm so sorry, Christine, I'm sorry, I have to get ready, pretend it never happened, I was only being silly anyway!" Stevie gulped and then hurried away.

Christine wanted to hold back but she couldn't, all the feelings and the chemistry had gotten to her and the sparks were flying between them like a raging fire again and she began to make her way after Stevie as she darted into the bedroom "Stevie wait, stop running away from me, you have done this forever, you run away from your issues and numb your senses, you went solo so you didn't have to deal with me and the band and I will always be sure of that, then you left after 'Behind The Mask' all because we fucked again and I was such a mess and so worried about you with the fucking Klonopin! I know I am a fuck up but you know what, I don't care about my marriage or anything except you, my marriage..." Christine cut herself off, trying not to confess her love and confide in Stevie, if she loved Stevie, she had to let her go, again.

Stevie paused at the vanity, trying to focus on getting ready for the show and as she started putting on her necklace, the words all hurt though because she knew they were true as they   swirled around her mind, she could tell Christine was trying to open up, also hearing Christine talk about the marriage and she couldn't help ask "What about your marriage?" but as she did, she heard the door to the suite slam, Christine had left and Stevie blamed herself, she had made the move and then ran away, like all the times before and now she hated herself all over again and doubted anyone could ever want her and she felt waves of guilt.