𝐶

Elijah sat in the library during lunch time, waiting upon Amethysts arrival.

"Ah yes, there you are," he said, taking out the chair next to him for her to sit, "I have been waiting for you."

She cautiously takes a seat next to him, eyeing the lunch he brought with.

There were two sandwiches, which meant one was either for her or he just has a big appetite.

She hoped he had a big appetite because she ate a slice of bread this morning which means she can't eat again until tonight.

"I brought you lunch, we can eat together."

He pushed the chicken and mayo sandwich towards her with a smile.

"Why?" she asked while slowly looking up to meet his eyes, "why are you doing this?"

Elijah didn't answer, instead he looked into space and took a bite of his sandwich.

She waited for him to answer but he never did, instead of asking him again, she decided to eat.

He smiled, "Don't starve yourself, beauty is skin deep." he said, she turned her head and stared at him

He knew

As she harshly swallowing the food, she stood up quickly, mumbling a goodbye.

He grabbed her by the wrist, "Sit, please," he pleaded, "stay here with me, let's pretend that we're normal teenagers."

And that she did.

She pretended to be something that she's not.