Truth or Dare (2)

"We're waiting."

I smile at Evangeline, the most innocent face I can give. "Evangeline, why don't you take your question, and shove it up your-"

"Woah! Woah." Cal interrupts. "Obviously Mare isn't going to answer that question. Give her the dare."

Kilorn grinning and of course Tyton is giving his own smile. Elane looks pissed. I smirk.

Evangeline clears her throat. "Of course, Barrow. You had to be the first to screw up the fun."

"You seem to be the one here with the most experience screwing." I retort.

Kilorn laughs, and I feel accomplished. Not that it takes much to make him laugh.

"Okay." Her face turns into what could be best describes as a terrible one. "Your dare is to strip in front of everyone, down to your underwear. You have to stay like that for the next hour."

Suddenly my throat and mouth are dry.

Is she serious? No way. I'm not nearly as confident as Farley when it comes to my body, though with her it's more of a "I don't care thing". I care too much.

"I need something to drink, this was a stupid idea." I mutter before getting up and going to the kitchen. Cal follows me, and only opening the fridge do I realize that I haven't seen his brother since I sat down.

"Mare, I'm sorry I made you play. But it's not that bad."

"Cal, you didn't make me do anything. You can't." I almost laugh. "Where did Maven even go? I haven't heard a peep from him."

"Oh yeah, he was being quiet about it but I think he snuck out when Evangeline asked you."

"Oh." I pour a glass of apple juice and take a big sip. "You know, it's really not good."

"But it's not that bad."

"Still not good."

"Mare, you can do it."

"I think you're just bored and want to see me in my underwear." I glare at him. Cal just shakes his head, but I see a small smile forming.

"You think I want Kilorn, Tyton, and possibly my brother to see you in your underwear?"

"They've all seen me in a bathing suit. But if not, then why do you insist I do it?"

"Because they all think you're a baby for turning down the truth."

I frown. "I'm not a baby, I just have normal human thoughts and insecurities." If he ever repeats that I'll drown him. "Since when do you care what they think...oh wait. You always have to do what they say."

"Mare, just do the dare."

"Fine." I snap. "I'm doing it for me. Not you. Me."

He nods.

"And I'm taking off my clothes in here. My terms."

"That's fine."

I scoff. "Get that stupid smile off your face and go sit down."

...

"Let me guess?" I hear Evangeline ask Cal as he goes back to our seat. "She quits?"