Chapter 4: That Annoying Girl

*DONT FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!!!*

The next morning the crew keeps on walking on their way for Dewford City. The girls walk in the front while the boys chill out in the back.

"So eh , Garry are you and Dawn a couple now?" says Ash in a teasing tone. It makes a red colour appear right on Garry's Face. It wasn't audible enough for the girls to hear.

"Uh..I..umm" he mumbled.

"I saw you both making out yesterday Oak Tree" said Ash.

"You fucking stalker, besides what about you and Serena" Garry exclaims. Now it was Ash's turn to blush.

"Garry just gave you a taste of your own medicine ash, and besides you and Serena should have been a couple by now." Says Clemont.

"I fear rejection Clemont, I don't think Serena Will love me back" says Ash in a nervous way.

"Are you kidding me?, Have you saw the way she is around you? She has a major crush on you since we met in Kalos" said Clemont.

"Man... I hope so , I came back to Hoenn to see you guys but especially her. I hope I can ask her out soon" says Ash.

The boys turn their attention in front to see Miette standing in front of girls.

"What are you doing here Miette?" Asked Serena

"Hey Serena, I was on my way to Dewford town for my performance" answered Miette.

"Are you a performer too?" Asked Dawn.

"Yes I am, besides who are you?" She asks

"I am Dawn" Dawn answers.

"Is that Ash?!? How is he in Hoenn?" She exclaims.

"He came back here to chill out" answered Dawn. A slight anger was visible on Serena's face.

"Hi ash!" Miette says.

"Hi Miette" he replies. He knows she had a crush on him but he doesn't care because he doesn't love her.

"So Ash, are you free today? What about We grab a Lunch?" She asks

"No He's busy" Answers Serena in a rude tone.

"Aww , thats sad. Ash are you still cheering for Serena? After her performance went bad back in Kalos?" Says Miette

"What do u mean that am i still cheering for her? I've had and I always will. Now if you excuse us, we have to reach somewhere" he says.

"Alright Ash, go cheer for her but you know she's gonna loose to me, both of our competitions" said Miette before leaving

"Both of your competition?" Ash Asks but she has already left.

Serena has a visible blush on her face from the words Ash just said but also heart broken by what Miette just said.

The group starts walking again. Dawn and Bonnie knows after what Ash did some moments ago they should let Serena walk with Ash. Bonnie goes back and walks back with his elder brother and Dawn goes to Garry and tries to force a conversation while blushing. Ash notices she is left alone and then walks up to her then starts walking at the same speed as her.

"Th..thank you for that Ash" she says

"Hey , i just said the truth. You dont have to thank me" he says with a grin on his face

"Ash what do u say, can we grab some lunch after we reach Dewford City" she asks

"Ofcourse lets go!" He says.

Serena blushes at the thought of spending time with Ash. The group continues walking. They take the shortcut and are very near to Dewford but it's already night. They setup a camp nearby their path in a open space. This time Ash goes along with Serena and Lucario to get woods while others set up the camp. Pikachu stays with Bonnie as she was playing with her.

Serena takes a lot of wood which soon gets heavy. Ash noticing this takes the woods from her into his own hands while Lucario himself holds a few wood. Serena sees the nature of Ash for her as he dosent let her take any stress.

"Ash, I can carry some woods Aswell" she says with a smile.

"Oh don't stress it" he says shrugging it off.

They both head to the camp. Serena has held one of Ash's hand as she is really scared of forests. She interlocks their fingers and helds it tight.

"Are you Scared Serena?" Asks Ash.

"A bit" she replies nervously.

"Oh, dont worry me and Lucario are here for you" he says.

"Master is right" says Lucario.

Soon they reach back to their camp. Bonnie sees Serena's hand interlocked with ash's and she starts teasing her. At first Serena dosent realise it but then she notices she still had held his hand. She immediately lets it go and her face gets pure red in embarrassment.

The group later have their Dinner near the Camp fire before going in their tents to sleep.

Serena's Pov

Well I try to sleep but I just can't, those words of Miette keep repeating themselves in my mind. So I decide I could get up and sit near the bonfire to maybe clear my mind up.

Ash's Pov

I hear some movement outside, so I decided to check it out. I went out and see Serena sitting there near the bonfire in a concerned face.

Back to thirdperson

"Oh hey Serena what are you doing here" he asks. Serena turns towards from where Ash's voice came and sees him coming towards her.

Oh areceus she's more prettier in moonlight. He thinks

"Oh hey Ash, I just couldn't sleep" she replies while Ash takes a seat next to her.

"Why? Is there something bothering you? You can share it with me, don't hesitate" he says in a charming tone.

"Well... It's just what Miette told me earlier I can't seem to get it out of my head" she replies.

"Hey, don't worry Serena. You know that she's jealous of you. People like her are there to bring you down but you don't let her do that" he replies in a confident but relaxing Tone. He stops for a bit then continues.

"You've won more performances event than she's even participated in. Don't worry and keep your focus on the event. I'm here to support you up and always will be" he says.

Serena is indistinguishable to a tomato at this point. She hugs ash who fondly returns the hug.

"Th...thanks again Ash , you are always there for me" she says.

"Dont take her seriously and dont let her ruin the beautiful face of yours with a concern and tears" he replies then realises he said it out loud.

Serena Gasps realising what he have just said. Before blushing furiously again. The blush makes its way upto Ash aswell. Both stay put before says breaks the silence.

"You should go sleep now Serena, its your first performance tommorow. You dont wanna go their tired" he says.

"Right, thank you again" she says.

He walks her to her tent.

"Hey Ash" she says

"Yea-h?" He turns his head only to realize she just pecked him on his lips and ran inside her tent. He stands their for a moment in shock then walks back to his tent for some sleep.

*Note*

New day, new chapter. Would love feedback in the comments on where I should improve. Should I shed light on Garry and Dawn's Relationship aswell?

Also don't forget to vote. Thanks for reading.