Chapter 21 - 10:18 AM - S U N D A Y

| 😘Thank you for reading please take a moment to V O T E & C O M M E N T! |

.

It was the ringing of his phone in the early morning that woke Marcus up. He groaned and hoped it would go away, but it didn't. The second his phone stopped ringing it started up again. He groaned and turned only to fall off the bed. Crashing on to the floor woke him up immediately. Crawling back onto the edge of the bed and rubbed his knees, trying to get the pain to subside. Sighing Marcus looked to his left, at the clock.

-4:05 AM-

It was too early! He wanted to sleep a bit more. His phone had rung over ten times since he'd been awake. Finally, deciding on answering the annoying thing, he dragged his feet to his phone.

"Hello?" He breathed down the line, annoyed. His voice cracked and sounded horse but he ignored it and listened to the other end. Strangely though, there was nothing, It was silent. He said 'hello' again, but it was the same. Annoyed, Marcus ended the call and shuffled back to his bed and collapsed on to it. Bouncing on the bed he rolled and huffed.

It'd been a few days since he'd seen Julian. After the day he said he loved Marcus he left. He'd missed work on Friday and hadn't even come around to see Marcus all through Friday and Saturday. It pained him to think that Julian was ignoring him; he didn't want to be ignored, especially by Julian. So he called Julian yesterday –Saturday—but it was with no avail. Julian didn't answer his phone. It ringed and ringed but there was no answer and now it was early morning Sunday, still nothing from Julian.

He'd fallen asleep after, and the pounding at the door awoke him. It's seem to happen a lot these days, he though as he groaned and went to the door.

"What!" He growled and swung the door open. It was Charles that stood at his door step, looking on edge.

"Charles?" Marcus asked narrowing his brows and shifting his weight. He was unsure why Charles was at his doorstep, the last time he'd checked the man didn't particularly like him.

"Is Julian here?" He asked, peeking into Marcus' apartment over Marcus' shoulder. He seemed on edge and that didn't sit well with Marcus, the man had always looked so composed.

"Um, no... I haven't seen him since Thursday." Marcus replied, narrowing his brows and giving the old salt and pepper haired man a questioning look.

"Then, I apologize for waking you up so early Mr. Berkley." Charles said reaching for his phone and speed dialing a number. "He isn't here." he said into the phone and nodded several times. "Right away sir." He turned on his heels and started walking away.

Marcus jogged behind Charles and grabbed the man's wrist without thinking twice and spun him around. "What's going on?" He asked, concern outlining his voice.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you sir." The man said. Marcus blood boiled and pushed the man against the wall threateningly. The man groaned painfully as he was forced on to the concrete wall.

"I said, what's going on!" He repeated himself, louder this time with a brute tone he'd never used before.

"I c-."

"Tell me!" Marcus growled. Something wasn't right. His heart raced and his hands were trembling.

"I'll tell you, let him go." Said a voice from opposite them, Marcus turned his head in the direction, and Allen stood with a blank expression on his face and his arms crossed in front of his chest. Marcus reluctantly let go of Charles and turned fully to Allen who looked worried more than anything. A loose fitted blue t-shirt hung on his body and black denim pants, he wasn't in his normal attire and not exactly winter clothing either. Marcus shoved his hands into the shallow pockets of his pajama pant pockets and walked over to Allen.