Chapter 16 - So I'll Tell You Once.

|Please VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE|

Dadicated to JustBelinda cause she came up with the briliant combination couple-names for Julian and Marcus. Marian & Julius.
which one do you like?

.

Julian slid down his black famed glasses down his nose thoughtfully and stared at Marcus for a moment. Marcus was mentally kicking himself for even getting himself into this position as he stood before Julian. The red tint on his smooth cheeks burned brighter as the seconds ticked away. Julian, who continued to stare at Marcus bit down on his lower lip. The look on his face suggested that he was fighting to hold back a grin that pulled on the corners of his lips.

"I'm just going to go now." Marcus said while trying to keep a mono-tone voice and hide the shakiness and the nervousness that was obvious. Stepping back he wanted to run far away and never step anywhere near Julian ever again. Marcus himself had managed to get himself into an embarrassing situation. He was going to kill Craig when he got home.

"No, no wait." Julian called hastily as he stood from behind his desk. "Marcus." He chuckled and pulled his glasses off his face, placing them on the stack of papers he walked around the table and propped himself on the edge of his desk. "Come here." He said motioning to Marcus to move closer. Marcus cautiously followed the command and scurried closer.

The midday light filtered through the large windows and casted shadows all across the room. But that wasn't what caught his attention; it was the unearthly glint that the sun brought to Julian's eyes. His heart pounded as he stood in front of Julian. He looked amused at the incident that was taking place.

Marcus had only wanted to get Julian's number –for when they went out- but somewhere along the lines of asking him Marcus managed to swallow his words. He ended up blabbering and speaking in mixed sentences that made little sense. It was embarrassing to even think about.

By the look of the twinkle in Julian's eyes he knew that Julian understood what he meant to say and at the same time he could see the amusement that danced across them. He knew that Julian was not going to let it go.

He noted to himself to never ask for anyone's number ever again. It was far too embarrassing, especially if there were emotions involved. He always felt nervous around Julian.

"Here," Julian said with a smile on his face. His voice snapped Marcus out from his thoughts. When he looked down he saw Julian sticking out a small card towards Marcus. He looked up with a puzzled expression. "It's my number." Julian stated as if he was reading Marcus' mind. Marcus eyes widened at the realization. As he reached out his hands shook. Julian spoke again.

"I should have given my number to you, but I was ......um... distracted at the time." Marcus knew exactly what Julian was referring to and his face heated up even more. His sensitive skin burned brighter. "I completely forgot that you didn't have my number." Julian said.

Marcus raised his gaze at Julian and narrowed his eyes. It sounded as if he was implying something.

"Thank you." Marcus said meekly ignoring Julian's last comment and placed it in his pocket. What now? "Oh yeah, do you-" He began slightly panicking and searching for a pen.

"Oh, no that's okay; I already have your number." Julian stated, raising his hand and waving it dismissively.

"H-how?"

Julian chuckled, stood from where he was and walked back to his chair. "Well-" Julian began to answer with a grin on his face but his sentence was cut short when the office door opened, suddenly. A flaming red head stood at the entrance and he gaze flew from Marcus to Julian. The teasing grin on Julian's face dropped at the sight of Anna standing at the door with a quizzical look on her face. Her gaze shifted between the two.