Legend of the Life Note

Ochako and Bakugo listened to Ryuk tell them the story of the legendary Life Note.

"Long ago, when shinigami first came to the universe, they were given special objects: death notes. As you already know, a death note kills a person when their name is written on it. But there was also another, special death note. The Life Note. The name says it all. It brings someone back from the dead when their name is written in it. And unlike a death note, it was the only one of its kind.
Now, there was one shinigami who became obsessed with the Life Note. This shinigami, unlike others, had compassion for the humans. He hated seeing their sadness when someone died. He sought to end the sadness by using the Life Note.
However, there were complications. This shinigami couldn't use the Life Note. It's not because he wasn't allowed, but it's because he actually couldn't. You see, shinigami are gods of death, not life. Our job is to make sure a human dies when they're supposed to, or earlier than that. The shinigami felt guilty for all the trouble he caused for the others, so as a way of redemption, he went somewhere far away, and hid the Life Note.
As for the shinigami, he took out his death note, wrote down the name of a killer, and died. You see, the only way for a shinigami to be killed, is if they prevent a death. So you see, the shinigami killed the killer before he killed someone who was supposed to die that time, thus preventing a death."

Ochako and Bakugo sat there, taking in all that they heard.
"If that shinigami was the one who hid the Life Note, and he died, then that means he died with the location of the Life Note", said Bakugo.
"That's right", said Ryuk. "But someone got bored and started snooping around. That someone was yours truly."
"So when do we leave?", asked Ochako.
"Whenever you'd like", answered Ryuk. "However, I may be able to travel between the shinigami realm and the human realm, but I can't transport a human with me."
"Then how the hell will we get there!", exclaimed Bakugo.
"We? You're coming with us?", asked Ochako.
"I gave Deku hell when he was a kid. I didn't even get to say sorry for any of that. So if this Life Note can really bring him back, then I can finally say sorry to that damn nerd right in his face!"
Ochako stood there in shock. It didn't always look like it, but Bakugo cared for his classmates. Izuku especially.
"Alright. But who says we have to go the shinigami realm?"
"I told you just now", said Ryuk. "A shinigami can't use the Life Note. It has to be one of you."
"Then how do we get to that damn place?", asked Bakugo.
Ryuk placed his finger on his chin.
"Well, there is a place, a very far place, that has a portal. A portal humans can pass through. Through to the shinigami realm."
"Alright. I'm gonna go to bed. This crap sounds like it's gonna be a long day", said Bakugo.
He walks out of the room, but stops.
"Hey round face. I won't tell anyone about this."
The explosive teen now walks out to his room.
Ochako looks at Ryuk.
"Does it have rules?"
Ryuk now looked at Ochako.
"The Life Note. Does it have rules?", asked Ochako again.
"Why do you ask that?"
"If the death note has rules, then so does the Life Note, right?"
Ryuk starts chuckling. Then it turns into a maniacal laughter.
"What's so funny?", asked Ochako.
Ryuk stopped laughing. "It's just, heh, I never expected you would ask that. But yeah, there is one rule."
Ochako's eyes widened. "Only one?"
"Yeah, but if I tell you what it is, you might change your mind about the trip to the shinigami realm."
"Try me", said Ochako, her eyes filled with determination.
"Alright", said Ryuk, his voice sly and sinister.
"When you write a person's name in the Life Note, then the amount of years that person has lived will be taken from the writer's current lifespan."
"I don't understand", says Ochako.
Ryuk continued.
"In other words, Izuku lived for 16 years, and if you wrote his name in the Life Note, then 16 years will be taken from your lifespan. For example, if you have to live 40 more years, then 40 minus 16 is 24, so you will live for 24 more years."
All determination that Ochako had was now gone. "So I have to give up my life for Deku's?"
"It's called equivalent exchange", said Ryuk. "To get something, you have to lose something. Something of the same value."
Ryuk walked closer to Ochako and looked at her face. "You sure you want to do this?"
Ochako's determination returned, and she looked Ryuk straight in the eyes.
"Deku is more important to me than anyone else. So yeah, I'll do it. For Deku."
Ryuk cackled. "You're either very brave, or very stupid."

That's the end of this chapter. Now as for why the Life Note is in caps and not the death note, well it's because the Life Note is one of a kind, while the death note has multiple copies.
Please feel free to comment any suggestions or questions you have. It would be really appreciated.