Chapter 28

3rd Person Point of View 

The engagement was about to start. Gunny and Sameera were seated next to each, with Naina and Akriti standing on Smaeera's side and Rajveer and Abhimanyun on Gunny's side. 

Mrs.Gaur motioned Akriti to start, Akriti came in front and handed Sameera the ring. Sameera took Gunny's outstretched hand in hers and slipped the ring in his ring finger. 

Abhimanyu gave the ring and to gunny who eagerly slipped the ring into Sameera's finger. 

Everyone Clapped and congratulated the newly engaged couple. It truly felt as if everything was finally going to settle down in their lives. 

Soon everybody moved to talk and mingle with each other. The elders were sitting on a sofa set and watching the Youngsters and reminiscing about their won days. 

Sameera and Gunny were still on the sofa they got engaged on and were talking in very hushed whispers.

Abhimanyu came to stand next to Akriti and Naina who had been standing with her slipped away towards Raj winking at Akriti. Akriti shook her head kept looking ahead. Abhimanyu also had an easy-going smile on his face, " So, What do you thin Mrs. Chauhan, Should we start our own Wedding functions, " Abhimanyu asked Akriti and she Bit her lip to stop the smile trying to come on to her face.

"Absolutely, Mr.Chauhan and while you are at it why don't you buy the Kohinoor back from the queen of England, " Akriti replied with sweet, sarcasm dripping from her words.

"Why, Mrs. Chauhan I have something much prettier than that the Kohinoor, more beautiful and certainly priceless," Abhimanyu replied. Akriti looked at him with a question in her eyes, as if asking 'what the hell are you talking about?'

"You, Mrs.Chauhan, " Abhimanyu replied with a cheeky grin on his face. Akriti rolled her eyes, trying to feign annoyance but her eyes were speaking of just how much she wanted to blush. 

*************************************************************************************

Naina was watching From one side of the room, her eyes taking in everyone's happy faces. They were all here. Her friends and her family, People who meant the world to her. 

Rajveer came behind her and looked at his world. Naina could feel his gaze on her and could not stop the smile blooming on her face. She turned and lifted an eyebrow at him. He winked at her and smiled. 

******************************************************************************************

It was time for dinner and Sameera's Aunt had just told everyone to go to the dining table. The party proceeded to the dining area and was caught up in a conversation about the food. 

It was a lively affair. Everything was going on smoothly. Unbeknownst to all of them, this dinner was probably going to be the last dinner that they would be enjoying together for a long time. 

The food was served and someone was watching them from the shadows waiting for the drug to show its effects. Soon the person's wait was over and everyone started feeling a heaviness. Their eyes started drooping and head started to spin, But most of them were army members so obviously they knew how to fight it.