Prologue

We once fought side by side as companions, as best friends… as brothers. But that’s not how it was today. I don’t think it will ever be like that, not anymore.

      He looked at me, eyes filled with hate and disgust. It was a look of jealousy and maybe even evil. I was sure that I had a similar look. The only difference would be that I had no evil or jealousy in mine. I was disgusted, absolutely disgusted with his actions, with his reasoning, with him. And this disgust is what made the hate in me burn. 

      But how did he have the heart to hurt me? Me? The one who saved him countless times from physical battles and even emotional battles.

      I shook my head. I had to forget the past, he obviously has.

      He scowled. “This is it.”

      No. I needed more time. Just a little bit more, that’s all I ask for. I looked up, the sun was setting, only a little longer…

      “Goodbye, my dear friend.”

      My dear friend… how funny.

      And then, I felt it. The sharp knife stabbed into me. I heard a scream. The pain rushed through me as he pushed it in further.

      The screaming started to fade away as the sky darkened.

      “I’ve done it…” I heard him say.

      I smirked as I felt the light hit me. The pain seemed to disperse as I took a breath. If he wants to fight me, then fine. I’ll let him fight me.

      But I will never let him kill me.