Chapter 17

Kero taught me how to dance quickly. He said I was a quick learner… but he was actually the good teacher. The only problem, at first, was that this wasn’t at all like any high school dance.

      Why was this a problem?

      Well, for one… it was a little boring; only because there was no fast music.

      And two, this was totally new to me.

      “Who was that man you were talking to?” Kero asked.

      I looked at him with a smile. “Why you askin’?” I asked in a teasing voice. “Are ya jealous?”

      Kero frowned. “I just wanted to know, he looks familiar.”

      “His names Darius. He’s really cool! He can read minds!”

      Kero instantly looked uncomfortable. “He can?”

      “It’s actually pretty cool! Like, I thought it was weird at first too… but now that I think about it, it’s actually pretty awesome!”

      Kero hesitated. “Mhmm…” He started looking around.

      “What’s wrong?”

      He shook his head.

      I decided to change the topic to Serpethion. “Oh… did I tell you that I don’t think Serpethion is a huge jerk anymore?”

      That made him smile. “That’s good to hear.”

      “He’s actually really nice! I still can’t believe it.”

      “Told you.” He said.

      I grinned. “I know, I know.”

      After that, Kero started to point out some important people that I should keep note of. I didn’t know why he told me to keep note of them, but I did just in case it was really important for me to do it.

       When the song had ended, we both bowed and Kero took me up the giant staircase and then up to one of the super high balconies.

      It was right above the garden, so the view was amazing!

      What was the first thing I did? Take a picture of the view. And then I turned to Kero. “This place is unbelievable!” I said.

      He nodded. “One of the nicest places in Raakshya.”

      I leaned on the railing and looked out at the night, star filled sky. “Wow…” I said as I took a deep breath.

      I turned to say something to Kero but saw that he seemed distracted.

      He then looked at me. “I’ll be right back.” He said.

      “Is something wrong?” I asked.

      He shook his head. “Someone wants to talk to me.” He then pointed at his ear. “I can’t pretend I didn’t hear them.”

      That made me laugh.

      He laughed too, but then left.

He was gone for a while, but I waited patiently. I hoped that nothing could ruin my mood tonight. Especially since I knew Kero was talking to the queen about me… in a good way.

I smiled to myself and took another deep breath.

“...can't make this any better.” I suddenly heard as the person I hadn't noticed before raised his voice.