Cure for a Restless Mind

Jason sighed sleepily as he flipped another paper over. One would think that with everything else technology based they would have transferred paperwork onto PADD's or something, but no, they just had decided to leave it in the bothersome paper form which took up way too much room on the Ethereal and Jason found himself cursing in Polish at the inanimate object, but not being able to sleep is far more troublesome. A glance at his PADD that supplied the time for him - 3:00 AM. He might as well have been working the Skeleton Shift. Better than having to going back and forth between the Ethereal and the Enterprise. Luckily he had a friend generous enough to spare some room for the cluttering materials.
"My friend, I believe you should sleep now. Humans do require-"
"Yeah, I know. " The worn spirit responded blandly, letting his head rest on the desk in front of him. Spock sat nearby on his bed in a relaxed meditative pose. Jason had moved some of his work into his dear friend's room after Spock assured him it would not bother him at all plus it was good company while Jim was too busy to hang out with him, though to be honest, Jason hadn't really done much work since sitting down anyway, his mind in a million different places at once. Most of this paperwork included signing and reading. Might as well get back to his domain before he ends up annoying his dear friend. So with a sigh he slowly drew himself up and began to gather his paperwork together into one stack.
"May I inquire as to where you are going?"
Spock's voice interrupted the spirit again and Jason paused to turn and look at him.
"Getting ready to go back to the Ethereal to try to rest. " The sentence left his lips quieter than he wanted while he gazed at him. Spock had taken off his over-shirt which left him in only his body-hugging black undershirt. Jason's gaze lingered a bit longer than necessary on the Vulcan's well built body before traveling up to his face again, where he was met with a raised eyebrow. Straightening up the spirit huffed and blew a stray strand of his jet black hair out of his face.
"Try? Are you having trouble sleeping?"
Jason nodded and lowered his head slightly. "A little." Jason's energy must have radiated too strongly and relayed this to the Vulcan because he moved from his meditating posture to sit on the edge of the bed.
"Do you wish to stay the night?" He asked softly and moved over as if inviting him to his side.
Jason smiled slightly, gratefully accepting his invitation and placed the pile of forms back onto the Vulcan's desk, "Thank you. "
"You are welcome. " The Vulcan nodded slightly watching the spirit wander over and sit next to him.
"Now do you wish to tell me what is keeping you from resting? " the vulcan asked gently.
Jason nodded and turned a little to face his friend, "well it's as if even I try to rest, my mind is like all over the place. It feels like I can't really stay asleep. It's a bit tough to explain but it's really starting to bug me."
Spock reacted only with a slow nod as if he'd been through that too. "There may be a way I can help you quiet your mind, but I need to see what is causing it. " He explained, motioning Jason to get closer. The ghost nodded and scooted closer almost to the point of touching knees. Spock then rose his delicate hands to Jason's face, fixating his fingers to the melding points. The spirit willingly opened himself up to the Vulcan's entering energies, Spock closed his eyes and felt something almost immediately, emotions and thoughts shared. Upon feeling this strange energy, he soon saw it as loneliness but it felt stronger than that. "You have fear of abandonment... it's been with you for very long it seems. " The vulcan spoke to almost a whisper. "Are you fearful of long moments of solitude?"
"Yes...actually I've had abandonment issues since my post mortem. Yet I was forced to deal with it for all these years until I joined Starfleet. But I think it is coming back. " Jason explained as he felt Spock's energy leave his mind. The vulcan placed his hands in his lap and they looked at each other for a moment. "I can help you. " He spoke gently, "duel meditation will calm your mind and I will be the solid companionship you need for as long as you wish. " Spock slowly got up and unrolled a small artfully woven rug he had from his homeland. Placing a incense holder in the middle, he then placed a couple of the incenses into it and lit them. "Please remove your uniform. " He instructed. But Jason looked rather confusedly at him but he obliged hesitantly seeing he was not the only one this rule applied to. Spock then got blue silks from his wardrobe, and red ones possibly for himself. "There is no need for self consciousness, t'hy'la. " Spock reassured softly as he sensed the other's apprehensive energy.
"Absolutely everything must be removed for these meditation silks. I am sure you would be surprised to know one set is Earth made. From your home country. " The Vulcan continued to speak softly as he finished undressed. "These red silks are from my homeland. Therefore they are to be worn by myself. As for the blue earth silks are for you. " He explained as he began decorating himself with his fiery red silks attached to beaded bracelets and an anklet with a deep red feather attached. Jason was silent, his mind seemed to overload as he saw his mentor and dearest friend absolutely bare besides the red silks. The loin silk was not covering his areas very well at all.
Jason scolded himself for staring and looked away but he was soon distracted again by Spock's now very close presence in front of him, feeling smoldering heat radiating off of him like a vat of lava. The ghost's plasma core of a heart uncontrollably droned louder like an overloading warp core set on maximum warp. He felt cooling softness mixed with the gentle brush of his friend's body against his own embrace him. Bracelets of his own were slipped on, one of the blue silks attached to each of them, it linked his arms from the back. The cool silk was nice against his bone skinny back. A pleasant contrast with the almost hot atmosphere of the commander's quarters. He added the loin silks and the leg wraps himself as Spock assisted him with the bicep wraps that had luminous lime green accents. "Absolutely brilliant. " Spock commented quietly. Jason's face heated, he felt like he was being pampered way more than he was. "These blue silks are from ancient gypsies. They used them in meditative rituals such as this. These I have on serve similar purposes on Vulcan. " he spoke once again. The spirit was still quite until the set up was completed. "I feel rather nice in this. Though it doesn't cover the bits very much." Jason's mousey voice soft yet laced with shy energy as he tries to cover himself but he was interrupted when Spock gently grabbed his wrists, restricting his energies to mingle with the other's just yet. Jason was guided to the woven rug and motioned to sit, he obliged without question. "Are one of those made with sage?.." Jason asked.
"Yes one is sage, the other is lavender. Sage for purity and lavender for tranquility and inner peace. " Spock explained as he sat on the opposite side of the incense vase placing it to one side and placing the fire dish with more burning sage and other herbal contents. Jason had heard that sage will cast out negative energy if used correctly but sometimes has ill effects for his kind. They can be pulled against their will beyond the ethereal plain way before their time. That's something he is a bit worried about. But he has strong faith in Spock, he had every right to have every last bit of trust in this vulcan who wished to teach him in the ways of mastering energies and purifying the mind. Spock was honestly very surprised with his willingness to learn and the strength of control this spirit has. "Now we join hands. " Spock said to a deep whisper. Jason found the Vulcan's hands gently reaching out to him. "Now close your eyes and open your mind to me, this is not a meld. However similar, we will be going into trance together." He added as he gently held the spirit's delicate hands in his. Jason took in a deep breath as he closed his eyes and invited the presence of the other to overshadow his. "Good...now we will focus on the scent of the sage. You will feel your mind quite down. Negative thoughts and emotions will become nonexistent. " The Vulcan whispers again. "Do not fear, I will be here for you. "
He felt the spirit's energy grow calmer than before. He listened to the slow rhythmic breathing as it should now be. "Very good. " He whispered. Spock too felt the purifying effects of the burning sage. He too had been needing a cleaning since the last few nights. Now he had the pleasure of sharing this ancient tradition with this unique newcomer. He more than welcomed this experience. "When you feel you are ready, begin to transition your focus on the scent of lavender. Allow it's tranquilizing effects to ease and calm your mind, turning your trance into sleep. Be not afraid, I will support you as you do this. "

Soon the effects of the lavender and out of pure exhaustion, the sleep deprived spirit began almost keeling over, Spock found it a good time to end the ritual by slowly retreating from the other's mind and wrapping his arms around his now sleeping friend. He gently scooped him up into his lap, allowing the spirit to lean on him. Soft purring snores escaped the sleeping form. Spock honestly couldn't help but smile slightly as he used his above normal strength and got up with Jason still in his arms, carrying him to bed. Carefully setting his friend comfortably in bed, he put out the burning contents and finally curled up with the sleeping spirit. "Rest well my t'hy'la. " Spock whispered lastly as he too fell asleep.