Devoted

Pavel Chekov was now stuck on the ship, confined to only doing light duties because of an injury he suffered from being attacked by some creature like a dinosaur on the planet below, Pangia. A world that the Enterprise was sent to observe due to its striking resemblance to the ancient prehistoric eras of Earth.
Today the ship's navigator was stuck in his quarters with a fractured ankle while the love of his life was down there with the captain, first officer and CMO, though Jason had always wanted to see something like this marvelous planet with these impressive animals, poor Pavel wanted to be with him so bad. He whined softly in utter boredom. It's been over four and a half hours since they've been gone and it's now driving the poor Russian crazy, but his entire demeanor changed on a dime when he saw the alert lights flashing, a yellow alert. 'That can't be good.' Pavel bolted up but whimpered at the jolting pain of his injury reminded him to move with caution. Pavel slipped into his gold shirt and limped out of his room, heading for the bridge but he was stopped by a gentle tap on the shoulder. When he turned he saw his captain. "Lieutenant, may I speak to you for a moment?" He asked with a slight quiver in his voice.
"K-keptain, yes, of course." he nodded, confused.
Stepping to the side of the corridor, the two looked at each other. "So there was a massive electrical storm that came into our region and..." Kirk paused for a moment, "one of us got struck. "
Pavel's heart began pounding in utter fear as he saw a small sign of tears forming in the captain's eyes. "Follow me, please..." Jim began walking to sickbay

When they got to the entrance the captain stopped Pavel right before the threshold. Doctor Mccoy walked up to Jim and looked at both of them, "he's not responding yet, but he will pull through. That core of his is acting like a short circuited battery. If he were, well not what he is, he'd be dead. " Bones explained, speaking in a whisper.
As Pavel heard the news, his heart pretty much broke, knowing exactly who he was talking about. Kirk nodded in acknowledgement, "how long until he regains consciousness." he asked and looked down at Pavel. "I don't know, Jim. Tomorrow at least. " Bones sighed, crossing his arms. The doctor motioned Pavel to follow him. "I know you two are extremely close and I think it's fair to let you be with him now. Remember he's not going to respond to you at the moment, but you can gently touch him if you want."

Chekov was officially crying now that he saw his dear love lying there, looking like a disheveled mess and unconscious. "Oh my love... " He whimpered as he took the injured spirit's hand into his, it felt icy cold, Jason usually had a slight internal warmth that Pavel could always feel, but now it wasn't there.
He suddenly felt a warm hand on his back, rubbing gently. Turning, he saw his captain with teary eyes again, "he saved my life, you know. "
Pavel's eyes widened
"He knew fully well what would happen but he did it anyway. I owe him my life, Pav..." Kirk's voice cracked slightly.
Chekov really needed comfort right now, he desperately clung to his captain without thinking, crying out softly into his chest. "Its gonna be alright though...he's a strong kid, Pav...he doesn't go down that easily. " Jim spoke reassuringly. When Pavel lifted his head he saw the captain's closest friend and first officer there. Though no emotion betraying his flawless features, a strong loving and compassionate energy radiated from him that even Jim felt. Spock simply remained silent as he walked over to the other side of the biobed where the injured spirit lies.
Letting go of his captain, Chekov turned to see Spock ever so gently place his hand on Jason's seemingly motionless chest, keeping it still as if he were feeling something. The quiet droning of the spherical heart like core, it's very faint but it's there for sure.
Nodding softly, Spock looked up at the two and confirmed, "he is recovering at an impressive rate. " the Vulcan placed his hands back in their position behind his back but continued to look down at the motionless form with certain compassion.
Pavel gently grabbed hold of Jason's cold hand again, squeezing lightly in attempt to give it warmth that he so desperately missed. Little did he expect to feel his hand be ever so weakly gripped, a gasp escaped which alerted Jim who was still there. "What is it?" He asked.
"H-he kinda just gripped my hand, just barely though. " Pavel sounded really hopeful. Jim smiled a little.
It's as if the injured spirit knew he needed confirmation and again slowly gripped Pavel's hand. The poor Russian almost started crying again but out of relief and happiness. Jim had gotten Bones' attention, "that's absolutely great. He's regaining some of his muscular strength though I don't think it'll be much. " the doctor explained with a slight smile.
"I'm going to check on the bridge, guys, and head off for the night. I think you need some rest too Pav. You have an injury of your own don't forget. " The captain said softly as he gently stroked Pavel's head in a soothing, friendly manner. The Russian nodded.
"Goodnight everyone. " Jim lastly said before leaving sickbay.
Spock looked at Pavel from across the occupied biobed. "The captain is correct, you need to rest. " he spoke.
"B-but I don't vant to leave him...vhat if he vakes up and he needs something? He didn't leave my side when I got hurt. " Pavel's voice was trembling.
"I didn't say you needed to go to your quarters. " Spock said cooly, "these beds are wide enough for two. To be close to your friend would give him security in the event of his awakening." He walked over to the Russian. Pavel nodded with a weak smile. "Thank you... " he said to a whisper.
Spock then casually made his exit. The Russian waisted no more time as he carefully hoisted himself onto the same biobed to where he was curled up against the other small form without hurting his ankle. Breathing in that sweet familiar scent of his friend when he nuzzled into the side of the spirit's neck. There he could feel faint warmth and hear the ever so quiet hum of that precious heart like core. "I love you... " Pavel whispered, his voice trembling again. He pause a moment as he felt slight movement, then something so slowly and gently wrap around his back and shoulders. Pavel froze with wide eyes as he now began feeling cool fingers weakly brush through his hair.
Doctor Mccoy had come in and gasped slightly, seeing what was happening. "Well I'll be...he's coming back a lot sooner than I thought. "
Pavel didn't want to move in fear of ruining this moment he simply closed his eyes.
The doctor went over to one side of the biobed to see the spirit's glowing eyes staring back at him. "Hey kid...welcome back. "Bones said with a smile. Pavel opened his eyes to see his love awake now. "Don't try to speak...wait til you're restored enough. " Bones said. He watched as the spirit turned his attention to Pavel, looking into his eyes, slowly blinking.
"I'm so grateful to see you avake at last. " The Russian whispered. He was surprised as he felt himself being pulled a little closer, receiving a kiss in response. Oh how much he waited for that today. Jason had a slight smile on his face, that friendly look he always gives him when they greet each other.
"I'll be back in a while. If y'all need me I'll be in my office. " Bones said.
Jason turned back to the doctor and smiled at him as a thank you. Bones nodded with a sweet smile of his own before walking off to his office.

"You scared me, my love... " Pavel whimpered softly. "I know you did zat to save zhe keptin but you could've been..." he stopped when the spirit's eyes were on him again with a deep apologetic expression. "Please don't feel bad, Im just scared that I could've lost you. " The Russian carefully stroked the ghost's thin chest. He could now see tears in those glowing eyes as theirs remained in contact. "I love you so much. " Pavel whispered. He was then surprised when Jason carefully turned, wrapping his other arm around him, nuzzling into his neck. Pavel was now being held a bit as he was running his fingers through silky jet black hair. Jason wanted to speak so bad but he couldn't find the energy to do so, all he could do was whimper softly in failed attempts of speech. "Shhh it's alright...I'm here, we will rest together.. I vont leave you, I promise. "
Finally the ghost child began to relax and so did Pavel.

__________________
Exactly 6am is when Pavel began waking up, but he kept his eyes closed.
"Hey, Bones..." Pavel heard a scratchy, mousey voice greet the doctor as he walked into the sickbay.
"Oh hey there. How do you feel?" The doctor responded.
"Besides this godawful dry throat, a lot better. " There was a soft chuckle.
"Good. But I'm gonna keep you in here for another day to make sure your core remains stable. The energy was fluctuating violently when we first brought you in. Looks like it's not doing that anymore thank god. " Bones explained as he gently ran his handheld scanner over the spirit's chest.
"Your friend is still all tuckered out too. " He chuckled softly and poked the Russian's shoulder.
Pavel finally opened his eyes and looked up friendlily at Mccoy with a sleepy smile.
" 'Ey kid. "
"Hello. " Pavel half yawned.
"So Jim will be down here in a while to see you. " Bones explained. "In the meantime, you two just relax. "
They both gave a nod. Bones went off to check on someone else.
Jason turned his attention to his dear friend. " I'm so happy to see you here with me through all this. "
"Da, of course. You alvays help me so it's fair to return the favor. " Pavel carefully wrapped an arm around the spirit's torso, snuggling closer.
"I love you so much. " Jason chuckled softly as he leaned into Chekov.
"I love you too. "
"Pav, you need to go take care of yourself, my love. You can come back afterwards. " Jason spoke to a near whisper.
"B-but I don't vant to leave you.." Chekov half buried his face into his love's collarbone.
"You need to, love. I'll be here when you're done. Don't worry. "
"Da okay, but I vill never stop vorrying about you," he said, smiling and pressing a kiss to the spirit's cheek and slowly got to his feet.