Tears of War

The scream was what got him. Not the battle surrounding him, not the enemy he was pummeling. The blood curdling howl of agony.
Lieutenant commander Jason Stryker ran, tripping over the fallen as he went, glowing eyes frantically searching. Searching the ashen darkness until they saw the almost lifeless body. The once golden shirt, now torn and littered with dark crimson. The lieutenant who was severely beaten, lies there barely conscious.
"J-Jason..." The Russian struggled with his lover's name.
Jason fell to his knees. "Pavel..."
"I'm... I'm s-sorry..." The wounded officer spoke weakly. "I-I don't zink... I vill make it."

"I'm not letting you die..." Jason whispers as he carefully cradled his Russian in his arms, carrying him to a hidden spot from the enemy. He didn't stop the tears as they began to fall.
Getting out a vial of brightly glowing bluish liquid, the spirit tore away the fabric from the lieutenant's torso to find multiple stab wounds around his lower sides and one almost directly above where his liver would be. Jason begins to poor the liquid over all of the wounds and watch as it seeps into the living flesh, starting to repair all damaged cells on organs, blood vessels, arteries and skin.
Pavel feels his energy slowly restore, feeling cold waves of strange energy work through the now painless sealing wounds. Jason hands the vial with a little of the substance remaining. "Drink it.. It will repair anything else internally. " He instructed gently.
The Russian did so. It's almost sweet with a hot, bitter aftertaste which he actually likes. Now after another rush of cold energy, he felt as if nothing happened to him. Though there was still pain in his sides because of possible cracked ribs.
"Are you okay, Pavel?" Jason asked softly as he helped him sit up.
Chekov nods and feels tears forming. "I...I vas so...a-afraid... It vas so stupid! Vat I did vas foolish! And zat could've been ze end for me.." He whimpered as he was pulled into a tight embrace.

"I was scared too..please don't ever scare me like that again." Jason too was crying. "I love you so much... I don't know what I would do without you." he sobbed against the Russian's neck.

A beeping noise came from Jason's communicator, still having a supportive arm around the now shirtless, scarred Russian officer. "L-lieutenant Stryker here." The spirit answered shakily.
"Captain Kirk here-" The voice of James Kirk paused, "Jason what's wrong? You sound like you're upset. " He asked concerned.
"Sorry, sir. It's Mr. Chekov. He was critically wounded when I found him. I gave him my vial of cyan plasma but I think he should be examined for any other injuries it could've missed. " the tactics officer spoke with a small sigh.
"Good idea. You may beam up with him when you're ready. I'm glad you got to him on time. " Jim spoke softly.
"Same here, captain.. I will see you on the ship then. Please be careful. " Jason added.
"Alright, I will, thank you. I'll see you soon. Kirk out.."

Closing his communicator and putting it away, he caught Pavel looking at him with worried eyes. He saw tears overflowing in the glowing eyes of the other. The sight made his heart crack. "P-please don't be sad now... I vill be okay. "
"I know, Pavel..its just.." Jason's voice broke, "...I saw two other ensigns I was rather fond of get killed.. it's painful.. I-I would've lost myself if you were one of them."
"Oh... I'm so sorry to hear zat.. it's wery upsetting to see that...I know.." Pavel whispered as he hugged Jason comfortingly. The lieutenant commander sobbed softly, failing to gain his composure.
After pulling back, Mr. Chekov spotted the glowing green ectoplasm oozing from a rather nasty gash on the spirit's head. It was barely showing through the hairline. But it had gone unnoticed. "Oh! Y-you're hurt too! " Pavel whimpered, gently moving the green stained black hair out of the way, Jason felt a twinge of pain as the hair around the gash was moved, he winced and gasped, gritting his teeth to suppress a whimper.
Grabbing his communicator again, Jason connected with the transporter room of the Enterprise. "Lieutenant Stryker to the Enterprise. "

"Mister Scott here. "

"Hey Scotty, I need you to beam Pavel and I back. We're both pretty beaten up.. Jim told us to get to sickbay. " Jason explained.

"Alrighty then. " Scotty answers before locking on to their signals engaging the transporter.

Finally materialized on the ship, Scotty saw the two officers, beaten, bloodied and bruised, leaning on each other for support and comfort.
"Ah jeeze y' weren't kiddin' 'bout bein in bad shape. " Mr. Scott said in concern. "Think y' can make it t' sickbay without collapsin' on each other?" He asked gently.
"Yeah..we'll be alright, thanks. " Jason smiled a little.
"Hm..okay jus' be careful now."

Luckily half way down the hall, the two were met by doctor McCoy right ahead. "Bones!" Jason called out.
The doctor looked back and saw the two. "My god, man..." He gasped and rushed to their side. "What the heck happened to you two?!" He sounded like a worried mother.
"Pavel was attacked and almost killed but I used the pale cyanoplasm to heal most of his wounds. " Jason said, sounding a bit out of breath.
"And you?" Bones asked as he guided the two to sickbay.
"Just a small concussion as far as I know. "
_________
"It looks like Mr. Chekov took the worst injuries. The only thing that would've been life threatening was the wound above his liver here. Luckily you gave him that healin stuff of yours." Doctor McCoy explained. "You only had a scuff on your head. Now please be careful with yourselves the next few days. Only do light stuff. I'll notify the captain of course. You two are free to go. "
"Thank you, doctor." The ghost said lastly as Bones wandered back into his office.

Jason suddenly felt a strong embrace around his chest. It was Chekov. He's hugging him tightly, head pressed against the ghost's chest.
The spirit smiled gently, tearing up again as he coiled his arms around Pavel and nuzzles into his soft chestnut hair. His embrace was delicate but sincere.
"Thank you...for being here for me... I love you so much.." Pavel spoke to a whisper, his voice trembling as he was in tears as well but he wasn't holding it back.
"I love you too, my dear..." Jason nuzzled him again and pulled back to make eye contact.