21

that night she laid in her childhood bed, staring at the ceiling. She could hardly eat, and now she couldn't sleep. Though the feeling she had was a more intense emotion she felt a lot as a child. It was silly, she got crushes easily and over the summer where she wouldn't see them much, she thought she got over it but as soon as she started seeing them again the crush was back. 

This was morbid in the current situation. Her past captor, who was supposed to be dead, was now working under a different name at the grocery store in her home town. And he still hasn't replied to her text! You think he could at least do that for her. 

She desperately tried to sleep. She changed her position over and over, but she couldn't get comfortable enough. 

Just as she felt like she could drift off, She heard something. A small tap from her window.  Normally she wouldn't think too much of it... but her room was on the second floor. She must have imagined it, but It happened again.  and again. and again. 

She reluctantly threw the covers off and went to the window. pulling the curtains aside she looked into the dark yard below. There she could see a figure looking up at here. She wasn't too sure about who it was but had a good feeling. She stepped away to grab the phone Jim gave her. 

Just about to call him on the phone she opened the window and climbed out of the roof. She pressed the dial button and below she heard the figures phone ring. 

"You couldn't even call," She asked, putting the phone in her pocket. 

"I couldn't. if you knew..."

"If I knew what, that you were alive? Who would I tell, Sherlock? Last I checked he's dead."

"(Y/n) please just listen!"

She walked to the opposite side of the roof And jumped down onto the trash bins. She snuck out of the house that way many times when she was a teen. However, from Jim's perspective, it looked like she may have taken a jump for her life. She heard him run to her. 

She could see his face now. It was almost like there really was something there. Like he wasn't some emotionless psychopath like he actually cared. Some part of her desperately wanted that to be so. But as she has many times before, she had to remind herself that this man kidnapped her. He trapped her in a cellar for god's sake and turned her whole life upsidedown. She should feel nothing but hate for him.

But she didn't. 

Why?

Now seeing his face in the dim light, it was somehow normal. She felt like just for that moment she could forget the things he had done to her. 

He stepped closer, and she screamed at herself in her head to back away. But she just stood there. 

He was giving her one apology after another. The 'I'm sorry ' and 'i should have told you' even 'you should have known from the beginning.'

He was only a few steps in front of her, "You didn't need to do any of this," She said voice barely louder than a whisper, "You could have just been Jim from the coffee shop. You could have stayed the man I thought was so charming when I saw him almost every morning. You could have left me alone, I wasn't hurting anyone. But you started this, and you have managed to fuck with my head. I am not thinking straight, and for so damn long all I could think about was you. What if I don't want to anymore?"

Jim closed the small distance between them, and with hesitance, that didn't go unnoticed, He placed a comforting hand on her cheek.

on some strange instinct, she leaned into his touch. It was warm, so strangely comforting. 

"I just wanted a normal life..."

He paused before answering, "You still have a chance... here, with me?"

She looked into his eyes. It was like the first time in years he was being sincere. 

She couldn't reply. She didn't know what to say.

And like two magnets, they were drawn together. Lips meeting in sparks. His lips were cold, but hers were warm.  It was like a movie scene. But considering the things that had happened, it could have been.

Pulling away they looked in each other's eyes as fear melted away, letting fondness blossom. Strangely in a criminal's arms, she felt safe. And she knew she would for the rest of her life because for once she felt sure this is where she was meant to be.

A dead woman in a dead man's arms. 

                                                                                 The End