17

The lobby was less bussy as she walked through, and sure enough, the taxi was waiting for her and true to their word took her home.

She rushed into her flat, she figured she'd keep her word to open the bag at home. 

She sad on her sofa and cautiously started to pull out the contents of the bag. First was an off white card with her name scribbled on it. it eerily reminded her of a birthday gift. she opened it and slowly read the short message.

'(Y/n), Though this is goodbye I know it won't be forever. Keep this, it's a gift and nothing more - JM'

"What?" she whispered to herself, confused by the note.

She removed the white and blue tissue paper and pulled out her "Gift". Some morbid part of her mind feared it would be a body part of some creepy thing. but no, it was a cellphone. The newest model and an (f/c) case with her name etched in at the bottom covered it. 

She unlocked it, it had the generic wallpaper and no passcode set. the first thing she noticed was there was an unread text.

 she opened the Messenger app and saw the one text from Moriarty.

(Text time babies)

Do you like it?

A phone? not what I expected

Do you not like it

I did... I thought you had your last goodbye

It will be in a couple of days

I don't understand

why are you texting me? aren't you supposed to hate me

----------

(Y/n) didn't usually leave people on read but Moriarty can be her exception. She simply didn't know how to reply. He knew about that conflict that constantly ate at her. Why wouldn't he, it was after all his fault. 

(Shortie chapter guys sorry)