~*6*~

She woke up from the sun in her eyes. Her head hurt, she was clearly dehydrated. She got up and went downstairs and it was empty. 

She opened and closed cupboards to find a glass so she could finally have something to drink. Her head was pounding the inside of her skull, it pulsed like a heartbeat. she swore she could almost hear it. She finally found the cups and quickly filled one up in the sink. She gulped it down and filled it again this time drinking the second glass much slower. 

Her breath hitched as she heard the front door open, and footsteps approaching.

Jim walked in, followed by the bitter faced blonde man, who was carrying some bags from various department stores, some she recognized to be very expensive brands.

"I have forgotten," Jim started, "That you haven't got any clothes, so I took it upon myself to get you some."

"that's very kind of you," she rasped, now only realizing how dry and coarse her throat felt.

She sounded a bit like an avid smoker who was nowhere near to quitting.

She noticed Jim's eyes had softened, he pitied her. 

"I don't need your sympathy, Jim." 

He walked next to her and held her hand in an attempt to comfort her. She looked down at her other hand, still holding the glass of water so tensely her knuckles had turned white. She knew he wanted her to look into his eyes, but she couldn't bring herself to.

This wasn't her fault, she shouldn't even be here. 

Jim somehow knew what she was thinking. 

"do you want to know why you are here?"

His voice sounded distant as she nodded, the depressing numbness sinking back into her bones. 

"You are far too interesting, for me to ignore."

She looked up at him, "What?" Her voice was nearly a whisper.

"Every day I saw you, I knew more and more that there was something different about you. You have seen things, experienced things that are truly bitter, something that could dull a person's mood forever. Every day I saw you smile and talk happily to people I wondered, how was that possible?"

She sucked in air, in some anticipation, not yet ready to exhale. 

"I saw what happened yesterday, (Y/n). I'm sorry. I can make up for it. Tomorrow we can go out, and you can do whatever you like."

"Really? you do mean it?"

He nodded. 

She was vulnerable,  emotions raw and tears brewing in her eyes. She hugged him, tightly. 

Jim stiffened for a moment and hugged her back. 

And just at that moment, (Y/n)'s resentment chipped away and was starting to be replaced with something new. Something she never thought she could feel again. Something she couldn't yet place.

----------------------------------

The next day came quickly, and (Y/n) got dressed in one of the new outfits Jim had bought for her the day before. It was an (F/c) wool sweater with a tan pleated skirt.  

The morning mist still lingered in the air outside. Surely dooming the day to be equally cold and damp. Damp and grey, but the weather hardly fit her mood. she was already excited. Sure, she had only been there for three days but she already missed the freedom of civilian life. 

She rushed downstairs, ready to go out the door and rejoin life as she knew it for 12 hours. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

( (a/n): here's a short little baby chapter because I'm making the next one pretty long so yeah stay tuned hopefully I can get it out by this evening)