15 : Draco

Song for the Chapter: Born to Die ~ Lana Del Rey

Draco's POV

It was Saturday. That meant Quidditch. And like every other Saturday, Slytherin had won their game. And that? That meant a party.

As soon as I entered the common room, party streamers and Slytherin flags were draped over my shoulders, but, like every weekend, I was looking for my girlfriend.

I called her name, searching through the common room, and finally I found her at the snack table. Walking up behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and asked, "Pansy?"

Pansy grinned and turned around. Her teeth were disgustingly yellow and, not gonna lie, I still hated most things about her. But then she kissed me. That wiped out all my problems the same as if I'd been drinking all night.

"My Quidditch star!" Gawked Pansy, throwing her arms around my neck. Ugh, I thought, it had been nearly a week and she was still wearing that same plastic-scented perfume.

I smirked and waved to Blaise to come over. He had both arms around a pair of Slytherin girls who looked like they were wondering how they'd got there. Same here, I was thinking.

"Hey!" Grinned Blaise. He raised his eyebrows at Pansy, whose arms were tight around my neck. "Uh, is she stuck or something?"

Before I could answer, Pansy piped up "No!" In a pouting voice. Pressing kisses to my cheek, she finally broke away from me and asked in a low voice, "Why don't we go upstairs?"

"Why don't we stay down here?" I asked bitterly. I rolled my eyes at her disapproving glance. "Listen, I'm going to go and hang out with Blaise and the others. I'm tired, okay?" Pansy glared after me as I headed off to the other side of the common room with Blaise, but I didn't care.

I was really getting tired of Pansy - big surprise. It had been easy to call her my "girlfriend" after Hermione and I had stopped talking to each other. But since then I'd started to pick up all the reasons I found her annoying again. She was obviously madly in love. I was obviously not.

"Come on, mate!" Shouted Blaise loudly over the noise. "Why don't you come with us to the lake?" I arched an eyebrow at him and shoved my way through the crowd. Either he was drunk, gone mental, or both. Probably that last one, to be honest.

"What?" I asked sceptically, wearily eyeing the two Slytherin girls and the empty bottle of drink in Blaise's hand. "You're not serious."

"I am," Blaise slurred loudly. "We can go swimming!" He protested, as I tried to drag him up to the dorm. Apparently, drunk Blaise was a lot stronger than sober Blaise, and he tugged me back. "Come on, Draco, let's go!" 

Well, it was drunk swimming with Blaise or whatever Pansy had in store, so I let Blaise pull me along through the deserted corridors with the two giggling Slytherin girls, who I recognised as Tracey Davis and Lily Moon. Both in our year, and both definitely drunk. How did I know? Because nobody in their right mind would cling to Blaise if they weren't.

On the way down the steps to the lake, Blaise and the two girls stumbled right into a passing figure and knocked them to the ground. The girls paused for a moment, then started laughing wildly again, and Blaise hauled them towards the inky lake surface.

Being slightly more sober, I hesitated and bent down beside the figure, who was groaning and clutching their head, drawing their hand away with blood on their fingertips. Squinting in the darkness, I turned the figure over gently and my eyes skimmed over the curled brown hair and watery, tearful eyes.

Hermione Granger was crying at me again. Except this time, it wasn't as likely I was going to get a hug. 

Author's Note: 200 reads! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, school has started again for me and it's a lot harder to get into an update schedule. I promise I'll update soon though, I have big plans for this story. Make sure to vote and comment :)