District Ten - Reaping

It's sunny in district ten. The air is slightly muggy, humid, but not uncomfortable. Or at least, not uncomfortable to everyone but the escort. He throws a temper tantrum, as loud and obnoxious as a two year old. The citizens gathering in the square roll their eyes as they hear him screaming in the back. Honestly, he's been here for three years...

Someone finally tells Lithium to shut up and go onstage, which he does, scowling at the ground as though it just attacked him. The whole district can see he's been sobbing about something or other. Whatever it is, it's probably a stupid reason.

Lithium himself takes a seat next to one of the victors, the one with the stupid name. The man scoots away as though coming from the Capitol were contagious. Lithium sticks his tongue out at the victor, and to his surprise, the victor sticks his tongue out right back. Lithium turns his attention to the speech, thinking about how at least he has an excuse to act immature. He's only nineteen. What's his face has to be thirty at least.

As the mayor finishes his speech, the escort heads to the front of the stage. "Helloooo Panem!" he calls, ignoring the lack of response from the district. Some aren't even watching. He spots a few girls giggling silently, and one girl in the fifteens pens who looks like she's mouthing something to him. He does a double take, and turns around to see who she could be talking to. He spots a boy, practically a mirror image of the girl, mouthing back. The previous victor stops in the middle of whatever he's saying (which looks a lot like 'I know he's annoying, I have to put up with him every year') and smiles at Lithium.

Lithium clears his throat as he remembers he's being filmed, and steps over to the girl's bowl. "This year's female tribute will be... Boo Randalls!"

Boo pushes her way out of the sixteens pen, looking both wary and excited at being reaped. When offered the mic, she speaks out clearly and says, "Let's hope I make it past the bloodbath, shall we?" she smiles at them, a smile that's almost scary. She doesn't stop fidgeting as she steps back.

Lithium grins. Finally, a non-pathetic tribute... He glances over at the victors, all of whom look pathetic. But they must've been okay-ish, to win... The fifteen year old is back to mouthing at the girl, who Lithium decides she must be his sister. He would guess they were going out, minus the fact that there were too many similarities between the two. He shakes his head, pulling a slip out of the boy's bowl.

"Nazier Navarro!"

There's a moment of silence, then a voice from the fifteens says, "Oh, that's me." He pushes his way out of the crowd, climbing onto the stage with a strained and distracted smile. When offered the mic, he opened his mouth to say something, but suddenly stops, eyes widening in shock.

Boo has stopped moving and fidgeting excitedly, and raises her hands cautiously to her ears, as though she's not sure she should block out sounds or not. Nazier suddenly shuts his eyes tightly and steps back, and Boo's hands fly fast to her ears.

It takes a moment for the audience to understand what's going on.

It's their powers.

After a moment, the two tributes recover, looking slightly more wary. Lithium demands they shake hands, and both of them rush to the Justice Building.

Two of the victors stand at the same time, and Lithium groans when he sees who.

"I'm older than you, Grasshopper," says the boy, the one who was a having a silent conversation earlier.

The man pauses, as though considering that fact and possibly believing it, then says, "You are not. I'm thirty." He sounds unsure, and after a moment says, "Oh, ha-ha. You're hilarious."

The boy grins, jumping off the stage and heading into the Justice building, Grasshopper close behind. Lithium can hear Grasshopper say, "We'll both mentor. Maybe. Happy?" The boy's response can't be heard, and Lithium feels like he might have another temper tantrum. Stupid attention hogging mentors. He stamps his foot, storming offstage, where his stylist grabs his arm and tells him to get a grip.

Lithium doesn't want to get a grip. He wants to go back to the Capitol.

The tributes want their powers to disappear.

Guess who gets what they want?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so, everyone see the double mentor problem? How many recognize the other mentor, the unnamed one? IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH THE NEXT REAPING! So, those of you who know who the boy is, who do you think should mentor? Grasshopper, _____, or both? That's right Rue & Croc, this thing does have to do with who gets to mentor D11. Both of you, proceed to battle in the comments. (Just kidding) D11 should be up soon, or else Croc & Rue might kill me.