Chapter eighteen

Ellas POV

We pulled into the movie theatre parking lot. Pearce got out and opened the door for me per usual. I smiled at him as I hopped down.

"So, what movie are we seeing?" I ask him.

"The quiet place." He says causing me to glare at him. He laughs his adorable laugh.

"Pearce." I groan.

"Don't worry, I'm going to be with you the whole time it will be fine." He says as he grabs my hand.

We walk hand in hand into the movie theatre.

"Two tickets to the quiet place." He says to the lady at the desk. He gets out his wallet and pays for our tickets.

"I'm going to get candy. Do you want anything?" Pearce asks me as we get in line for the concession stand.

"Popcorn." I say with a smile.

Pearces POV

I watched Ella as she waited for the line to get smaller. She looked amazing tonight. My eyes scanned the room and fell on some dude who looked about my age. He wasn't a unattractive dude but you could tell he was a player. He was staring right at Ella. At first it didn't bother me but he kept walking closer to her. His eyes were scanning up and down her body. I tightened my grip on her hand as I stared at him.

"What's wrong?" She asks me. I look into her soft eyes and shake my head.

"It's nothing." I mumble.

"You look mad." She whispers as she rubs her fingers against my knuckles.

"That guy over there keeps staring at you." I mumble.

She looks behind her and sees the guy. They make eye contact and she rolls her eyes. She turns back to me.

"Are you jealous?" She asks me.

"Pshh. No." I say sharply.

"Well I don't even know him, so chill out." She says as we walk up to the counter.

She's right, she doesn't even like the guy so it shouldn't be making me upset but something about the guy was off.

Ellas POV

We ordered my popcorn and his candy.

"I am not letting you open this because we know what happens." Pearce says as he shakes the candy in my face.

I stick my tongue out at him and shove him.

We walk into the movie theatre and see the weird guy following behind us. The fact that he intimidated Pearce made me wanna laugh. Pearce really thinks I would pick some random guy over him. My thoughts were interrupted by someone smacking my butt.

I turn around and see none other than the creepy guy from earlier.

"Don't ever touch her again." Pearce says sharply as he takes his hand away from mine.

"Pearce." I say as I try and pull him back but he shakes me off.

"You have no right to treat any lady like that." Pearce says as he walks closer to the guy.

"I can do whatever I want." The dude says sharply.

Pearce punches him in the face as I gasp.

"If I see you touch any girl like that again I will do a lot worse than just mess up your face." He says sharply as he grabs my hand and head into the theatre.

I had only seen the funny side of Pearce but the protective side was hot too.

"Thanks." I whisper as we sit down.

"It's good." He says as he opens his candy.

"Are you even gonna be able to sit still long enough during this movie?" I ask him knowing how crazy he is.

"I'll be back." He whispers as he gets up. I watch as he sprints down the stairs and runs through all the aisles. Everyone was so confused why he was running.

I laugh loudly as he smiles at me. He runs back and sits down as he breaths heavily.

"Maybe I'll be good now." He whispers.

I shake my head and sigh.

"You should not have gotten candy." I whisper.

"But it's so good." He says as he pouts his lip.

_______________________________
Pearce being protective 😏