Chapter 4: "When two collide"

[ATLAS]

I always thought I would never fit in. I have many reasons for that. I mean, my own father couldn't accept me. So, why should strangers do?

Although, my mindset is still like that,
meeting Aubrey proved me wrong. She smiles everytime she sees me and welcomes me with a tight hug. Never thought I would ever say this, but for the first time I believe that friendship exists. Corey doesn't count, okay? He's just a stranger with a kind heart.

"You look awful." Aubrey stares at me for a while. As I've said, she should be honest with me.

I chuckle and stare at my outfit. It's just a basic black jogging pants and grey sweater. I might look like I never change my clothes, but that's just cause I had to hurry in the morning. I have my reasons. "What do you mean? I look fine."

She scrunches her nose in respond. "Have you got no sense of fashion?"

Wow, She's really direct. I roll my eyes at her. "Sorry, for not being stylish like you."

Aubrey is the most 'girly' girl I've ever met. She cares a lot for her external appearance. Her hair looks fresh and different everyday. Although, she is naturally pretty already she still wears makeup. Her clothes always look brand new and are never crumpled. Right now, her wavy hair is tied up in a ponytail and she's wearing a white plain dress with a light blue jeans jacket. Her brown boots are her trademark. I feel really untidy next to her. Maybe she could help me change?

"We'll do some shopping. That's for sure!" She smiles at me. Seriously now? I playfully groan, making her slap my upper arm. "Hey! I'm serious over here! We need to shop!"

"Alright, Alright! Geez, keep your hands to yourself woman!" I laugh.

She narrows her eyes at me and crosses her arms to her chest. "Don't call me 'woman', woman!"
I grunt as she giggles. Yeah, we are kinda weird.

Corey walks pass us and acts like he hadn't seen me. What a jerk! I grab his shirt and pull him back.

Despite him being a big giant, he is really light. "Woah-" He stares at me for a while, before placing his mischievous smirk on his lips. "Atlas!"

"Why the hell were you trying to ignore me?" I ask. I feel like he loves provoking me in a way. I don't like it, when people I know act like we don't know each other. It shows no respect.

"Just to see if you would ignore me?" He innocently shrugs with his shoulders. What poor excuses!

"Aha."

"Yes." He stupidly grins.

Aubrey slightly pinches my side, making me stare at her. She sends me an obvious smile. I suppose she thought wrong of me.

"Aubrey!" Corey suddenly pulls her into a hug. She shrieks and tries to push him away from her.

"Stay away from me!" She angrily barks.

"No!" He stubbornly says and squeezes her tighter anyways.

I am confused.

"Could you two please stop making a scene? It's embarrassing." Jax is now standing in between them. When did he appear here? This boy is a ninja!

"You're just jealous." The giant sticks his tongue out.

"Am not!" The small one hisses back.

"Yeah sure~"