16 - Full Frontal Assault

The demon slayers were being decimated. Many of the retired veterans were either bleeding out on the grass or laying dead. Akaza and Doma were weapons of destruction cleaving their way through the large group.

"Hey!" Akaza laughed as he dodged a blow from Shinjuro, "You're a Rengoku, aren't you? You look just like him!"

Shinjuro ducked under the kick that Akaza threw and slashed upwards, catching Akaza's ankle and slicing the demon's foot off. Akaza only chuckled and by the time he had brought his leg back down, his foot had grown back.

"Your movements are just like your son's," Akaza chuckled, "But the Rengoku I fought had a fire in his eyes... your's seem too empty!"

Shinjuro was silent, his face grave as his hands clenched on the hilt of his blade. Tengen, however, ran past the ex-flame pillar and attacked the demon, "So, you're the one who attacked that train!"

"So you've heard of me too?" Akaza asked.

"Heard of you," Tengen scowled, "Told myself I'd kill you if I got the chance for what you tried to do to my friend!"

"Oh, well you have a much larger fighting spirit than the one by your side, so maybe you'll prove your strength," Akaza murmured.

Tengen's good eye flashed with anger and the ex-sound pillar lunged.

Doma was slashing demon slayers aside with a smile. His eyes were empty as he slashed a retired demon slayer's sword in two but his smile was bright.

"None of you seem too tasty," Doma sighed as he looked upon that stunned old demon slayer who was staring at her broken blade in horror, "Oh well."

His claws carved neatly through the old slayer leaving them a puddle of blood and flesh. Gingerly Doma licked his fingers, shrugging at the taste.

"DIE! DIE! DIEEE!" someone laughed, Inosuke jumped forward and slashed at Douma who easily side-stepped and avoided the attack.

"Oh my," Doma murmured watching the boy barrel past him. The demon reached out and snatched the boar mask off of Insouke before the boy could react.

"THE HELL! Give that back!" Inosuke demanded, whirling around furiously.

Doma was studying Inosuke's face, "Do I know you?"

"What!?" Inosuke asked.

Without warning, Zenitsu flew by Doma, slashing his arm that held the boar's head. The boy turned swiftly to face his opponent once he had landed. Doma's hand and the boar head fell to the ground with a large thump, Doma feinted genuine surprise, despite his empty gaze.

"Wow! What a quick attack, I didn't even see you coming!" Doma smiled. Zenitsu's face was blank.

Nezuko was screaming in rage as she charged Muzan. Her breathing slowed and she focused solely on the technique she had been refining for months. Her footsteps became planned and her sword sliced through the air, having a will of its own. She danced past the attacks that Muzan was still throwing despite his attention on Tanjiro and within moments was mere feet away from the demon.

Muzan glanced at her, shocked. Her eyes were glowing, no, burning with anger as her sword flew for Muzan's neck. Muzan stepped backward, just barely avoiding the blade that almost grazed his neck. The demon lord was stunned... he knew those movements, he knew that form of breath! Kokushibo did too. The Upper Moon released Tanjiro and drew his own sword as disbelief flashed in his eyes. Tanjiro slumped to the ground, holding his bleeding stomach and whimpering at the appearance of his broken leg.