8 - Sister's Determination

When the world came back to Nezuko, she found herself in a hospital room. Laying in a bed, feeling rejuvenated... and she panicked.

"TANJIRO!" she screamed jumping out of bed. She looked around the empty room and then raced out of the room, "TANJIRO!?"

She ran into another room where she was greeted by two familiar faces.

"Nezuko-chan!" Zentisu smiled raising his disfigured small arms and smiling. Inosuke lay in the bed next to him, a depressed aura around him. Nezuko looked around but didn't see Tanjiro.

"Are you alright?" Zentisu asked.

"I... I'm... I can't find him," Nezuko breathed shaking. "He's gone... he went back."

Zentisu heard her sound and it was like her being was screaming in agony.

"Nezuko?" Zentisu asked.

The girl ran out of the room without another word.

"Wait! Nezuko-chan!" Zentisu cried after her.

"So lively... so strong..." Inosuke rasped

"STOP BEING SO DEPRESSED!" Zentisu yelled at the boy in the bed next to him.

Nezuko ran around the butterfly estate. She finally found a girl with stunning blue eyes and dark hair.

"Hey, what are you doing out of be-" she began.

"Where is Tomioka-san!" Nezuko demanded, grabbing her by her shoulders.

"Tomioka is at a hashira meeting, you can't - "the girl began.

"Where is that!?" Nezuko demanded.

"It's at the demon slayer's headquarters but you can't - " the girl began.

Nezuko didn't listen to the rest. She took off into the garden and onto the road, racing down the trail. She asked for directions only once and then barreled onward.

Giyu was listening to Master Ubuyashiki as always when there was a commotion by the side of the house, off to the left. All of the pillar's attention was turned to the girl who jumped into the garden, angry workers of the demon corps hissing at her to "stop" and "come back".

"Tomioka-san!" Nezuko called, she looked over at the people who were to her left, her gaze settling on the water pillar who was rather shocked to see her there. 

"Where is Tanjiro!" Nezuko demanded of the water pillar, "What happened to him!?

A stone flew for her face, hitting her squarely on her forehead. She stumbled back and looked at her attacker, the mist pillar, Muchiro.

"You shouldn't interrupt master," Muichiro murmured sounding bored.

Nezuko's anger erupted and she rushed forward, ignoring Muichiro and grabbing Giyu's kimono and pulling him down to her level with a strength that Giyu wasn't expecting. The point on her forehead when the stone had hit was already healing.

"What happened to him!?" Nezuko cried desperately.

"I don't know, he left you in my care and then ran away," Giyu answered.

Those words pierced Nezuko at her core and she began shaking again. She flung out with her consciousness and begged for Tanjiro to answer.

Tanjiro tried to stop her but Nezuko wasn't having it. She connected with him and gasped as terror and pain flooded into her body. Tears erupted from her eyes as she sensed the hell Tanjiro was experiencing. As soon as it came, Tanjiro severed the connection, he was trying to hide it from Nezuko.