7 - Brother's Love

Nezuko had left the "safehouse" a few days ago, with Inosuke and Zentisu at her side. She had hoped that her next mission would be a simple task. She desperately wanted to search for Muzan and her brother but she still had a duty to fulfill as a demon slayer.

Of course, the next mission was anything but simple. The entire mountain she had been sent to seemed to be full of demons. The demon slayers who had come before her were either dead, injured, or traumatized. 

She had convinced Zentisu to come up the mountain with her and Inosuke would've rather died then sit out a fight.

Fighting the puppeted demon slayers was difficult for Nezuko, seeing people moved and controlled against their will just reminded Nezuko of Tanjiro - the pain of helplessness in their eyes.

The trio fought their way through the mountain, following Inosuke's sense and Zenitsu's ears. They came upon a house suspended in the air where they met a horrific demon with the body of a spider and the deranged face of a man. His spider minions were a terrible nuisance and horror descended on the group when they realized that Zenitsu had been bitten.

Of course, Zentitsu then passed out, and Nezuko learned very quickly how that boy had survived Final Selection. For Inosuke, it was like watching an entirely different person massacre the brother spider demon.

It was over in a moment, but Zenitsu was still poisoned despite his incredible victory. He fell to the earth and was caught by Nezuko.

"That was amazing!" she told him honestly looking at his poor state.

"You were holding back on me, huh?" Inosuke bet.

Zenitsu looked confused, and in pain.

"He needs medical attention," Nezuko told Inosuke.

"What do you want me to do!?" Inosuke asked incredulously.

"We need more assistance, TENNOJI!" Nezuko cried to the sky. There was a frantic amount of cawing and flapping as Tennoji, her crow, landed on her shoulder.

"What is your problem? CAW!" Tennoji squawked.

"Fly back to headquarters! Fly and get more demon slayers, tell them we need help! Hurry! Zentisu doesn't have much time!" Nezuko ordered.

"Backup is already on the way, CAW!" Tennoji countered angrily, "Who do you think I am!? Of course, I called for backup moron!"

"You wanna fight, bird!?" Inosuke yelled.

"You blockhead! Moron!" the crow yelled pecking at Inosuke.

"I'm GONNA EAT YOU!" Inosuke roared.

"Inosuke, we don't have time for this!" Nezuko shouted. She looked over her shoulder and saw some more of the puppeted demon slayers moving towards them.

"Go Nezuko," Zenitsu assured her, "You can take out the other demons, I'll be alright."

"What are you talking about - "Nezuko began angrily.

"Go, you moron!" Tennoji shouted, "You're a demon slayer! Slay demons! CAW!"

"But I can't just leave him like this!" Nezuko countered.

"I will watch the stupid boy!" Tennoji squawked, "Go slay demons! I'll make sure he stays alive!"

There was more frantic chirping and Nezuko looked down. Zentisu's sparrow, Chuntaro, was hopping up and down on her lap. Nezuko caught the words 'go' and 'he be safe', or some form of that.

"Are you sure?" she asked Chuntaro.

"Those puppet bastards are getting closer Nekuson," Inosuke warned.