08💎

Kenzie hadn't spoke to Tom since she had told him her secret. She's didn't want to see the look of hate on his face. She couldn't handle it. She knew she had explained what Alyssa had done was for her, but she didn't think Tom would understand.

When she went into school, she saw Alyssa and Max. She smiled slightly knowing Alyssa was finally making a life for herself and she was glad. She knew Tom wouldn't do anything to risk Esmè losing her mum.

Tom saw Kenzie and walked over to her. "Look, I won't say anything to anyone. I can't take a little girl from their mum. But I have to know, is she unstable?" He asked.

"No! She did what she had to for me. Tom, my own father was raping me. She protected me. It's all she's ever done is protect me. From everyone. Even my mum at times," Kenzie said.

Tom nodded and sighed. "I had to check. Does your mum know what happened?"

"No. Alyssa said it was best to not tell her. No one knows. She had her friend remove his body and he burnt it. There's no proof of anything," Kenzie said. She didn't entirely trust Tom so she had lied slightly. "Promise me that you won't say anything."

"I promise."

***

Kenzie went to find Alyssa. She needed to tell her that Tom knew their secret. Kenzie knew that Tom and Alyssa had a past, but their relationship had ended. Kenzie found Alyssa in the classroom.

Kenzie walked in and sighed. "I did something stupid. I told Mr Clarkson."

"Told him what?" Alyssa asked. Panic was overcoming her. "Kenny, what did you do?"

"I-I told him about dad. What he did to me. What you did."

Alyssa paled. She couldn't believe what had happened. She couldn't believe Kenzie had told. "What were you thinking? I could go to jail over this! Max could take Esmè from me! Kenzie. Why?"

Kenzie felt so bad. She had potentially ruined her sister's life. She felt the tears sting her eyes. "I don't know why i did it. I'm so sorry, I really am. Please don't hate me."

Alyssa walked over to Kenzie and pulled her into a hug. "I could never hate you babes. You're my baby sister and I promised you I'd never let anything or anyone hurt you again. I stand by that promise."

"It just came out. I'm sorry. I really am."

***

Kenzie saw Tom in the playground and walked over to him. "Alyssa knows I told you. She's scared now. In case you tell the police and Max takes Esmè from her. I told her you won't. You're not going to are you?" She asked.

"No. I can't take an innocent little girl from their mummy. It's not right. She shouldn't be reaching here though."

"Tom. My sister isn't a danger to anyone. Did you know he raped her too? I was seven years old and she was 12. He raped and beat her so badly, she needed hospital treatment. She was protecting me. He would have hurt Esmè too. That innocent little girl."

Tom sighed and walked off. Could he trust himself to not tell anyone?