013💎

Kenzie woke in bed and sighed. She still hadn't told Rachel about what had happened. She was too scared to.

She walked downstairs and saw Alyssa sitting there with Esmè. "Where's mum?" She asked.

"She and Eddie went out for the day. I said I'd spend the day here. And then the little demon over there is going to her daddy's tonight."

Kenzie nodded. "Where has she gone?"

"She didn't tell me. All she said was that she didn't want you here alone. So I offered to stay here. Esmè is thrilled at the chance to play in mum's garden. She wants to play hide and seek with you," she said.

Kenzie groaned. She picked up Esmè and grinned. "Let's go play hide and seek munchkin."

"No. I watch mine show first. Me tell you when me want play," Esmè said.

Alyssa smirked. "She's been awake all night and fell asleep about 6 this morning. So if I were you, I'd go and do what you need to. Even if that's going out. I won't tell mum."

***
Kenzie went to see Tom. He let her in the house. "Have you spoke to your mum yet?" He asked.

"No. She's gone away with Mr Lawson. She chose a man over me," Kenzie said.

Tom sighed. "I'm sorry. I know this is hard for you. But if you do tell her, then you have to think about what would happen to Alyssa."

"You don't think I haven't thought about that? Tom. My sister is the only one in my family who has been there for me. She cares for me."

Tom nodded. "I know Kenz. She's always got your back. But if your mum takes this bad, Alyssa could go to jail. And Esmè will end up with Max."

Kenzie glared as she looked to him. "You're not helping! You don't think I don't know all of this? Tom. I love my sister. But this is eating me up."

Tom smiled. "Calm down. We can sort this. I promise."

"Can we? Can we really Tom? Because I want to tell my mum so much. But I know that she'll hate me. She'll hate that we kept it from her."

Tom smiled and sighed. He looked at her. "I know that we can sort this together. It's all we can do."

***
Kenzie went back home. She saw Rachel and Eddie sitting there. "Oh. Remembered I exist did you?" She asked.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "I'll have you know that I'm allowed a life. You're my daughter. And I'm the parent. You do realise that?"

"Yes. And I wanted to talk to you. Today. But you swanned off and you left me here with Alyssa like I'm a child. And I'm not! I can stay at home by myself. I don't need you to get me a babysitter!"

"Watch who you're talking to. Or you can get out of my house!" Rachel yelled.

Kenzie rolled her eyes. "You're never there for me! You care more about opening your legs that you didn't even know what happened to your own kids! You're a crap teacher and an even crapper mum! I hate you!" She yelled.

Rachel slapped her and glared. "Get out of my house. Now." 

****

Kenzie walked up the path to Alyssa's house. She saw the bedroom light on. Kenzie knocked the door and within seconds, it opened. "Kenz?"

"Mum hit me. She kicked me out too. Can I stay here?" She sobbed.

Alyssa held her close. But she had no idea how this was going begin Kenzie's downward spiral.