012💎

Kenzie was sitting in bed with Esmè. The little girl had stayed over with her aunty.

The door opened and Rachel walked in. She smiled. "Morning love. How's it going?"

"Fine. I'm pretty sure that I can look after Esmè. I don't mind helping my sister out."

Rachel sighed. "Come on. I'll make you some both some breakfast," she said as she picked up Esmè.

***
Kenzie was sitting at the table when Alyssa walked in. She smiled. "It's my favourite girls," she said.

"Mummy! I stay Kenzie bed. And she give me cuddles. But they not like mummy cuddles. They better."

Alyssa smiled and nodded. She looked at Kenzie. "Do you want to come into town with me? I have to drop Esmè off with Max."

"Okay. I'll go get dressed."

Rachel looked at Alyssa as Kenzie walked off upstairs. Rachel sighed. "She's shutting herself from me. And I'm worried about her."

"She's a teenager. She's obviously going to be shutting off from you. I was the same," she said.

Rachel scoffed. "You were too busy sleeping with everyone. But you weren't that bad," she said.

***
Kenzie walked up the path to Max's house with Esmè and Alyssa. Kenzie sighed as she looked at her sister. "Why was mum talking about me? I heard her."

"She thinks you're becoming withdrawn from her. I've told her that you're a teenager. And that's it to be expected. But you would talk to me wouldn't you? Especially if you were struggling with anything. I'm here. And I will always be. Okay?" Alyssa said.

Kenzie smiled and nodded. "I know. I love you."

***
Kenzie was sitting in the park when Tom walked towards her. He smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at her.

Kenzie nodded and sighed. "I'm fine. I wish everyone would stop asking me. My mum won't stop going on at me either. And I'm sick of it."

Tom frowned. "What's happened?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. I asked you here because I want your help. I need to tell my mum what's happened. But I don't know how to. And I'm scared. What if she hates me?"

Tom shrugged. "Technically you didn't do anything wrong. Alyssa did it. But I know what you mean."

Kenzie frowned. "Alyssa was actually protecting me. Therefore I won't allow you to get her into trouble."

Tom said nothing as he watched Kenzie walked off. He knew that the Mason family was more complicated then he ever imagined.

***
Kenzie went back home. Rachel was there. She looked at her daughter and sighed. "I think that we need to talk. I know you're keeping something from me. So please. Talk to me."

Kenzie looked at her mum. She shook her head. She knew that she couldn't tell anyone anything. She was feeling broken. She was scared. Rachel took her hand. "I love you Kenzie. I hope you know that," she told her.

"I know. I really do that."

Rachel watched as Kenzie walked off upstairs. She could see how much that she was feeling broken. But could she help her daughter get through the demons she was fighting?